Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Indeed.... or even a 20 shot strip mag .....
    Hi Neil. I googled the Styer Hunting 5…….. I could do with one of those Bloomin’ pricey though ldeek. The first thing I thought too was, surely a 20+ strip mag could be made by someone ??
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Now if it came with a 50 shot banana mag....
    And imagine the mess emptying that lot quickly into a ripe banana!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Ayup all - better late than never
    Great fun was had on the Saturday. Nice to see a few of the crew again and for me,it was the first time I had shot since the start of the plague. People seemed to enjoy the Steyr - mind you it is a great laugh!. I apologise once again to Craig for it being accurate lol
    It was also very pleasant (for me at least) that this venue is only half an hour from home! Proper winner for me.
    Anyway - a good day. Only got through 2 and a bit tins of pellets too!
    Brilliant to see you once again, Neil.

And great to see (and hear!) you having so much fun with that awesome giggle machine.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

That Steyr is bloody addictive.
    No I am not going buy 1
    I have enough guns
    You keep telling yourself that, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Shooting the piston class , mfta winter league at harriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'm hopefully doing another gun shop on Saturday, see what I can come home with

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Hopefully I will get time to strip the new to me 99 and post the spring off for some custom fitted guides and start polishing the internals
    Zeroed the HC today and will have a proper plink on Saturday. So it will be standard HC v Nick G special.
    How did the weekend's escapades go, peeps?

And we know our Pete had a most excellent result with two boingery additions.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    The HC was very nice....raised more questions regarding the 97 which will need more investigation.
    I put my Prostaff which was on my 97 onto the HC.
    I was selling the Prostaff as the BDC Ret. Didn't work with the pellet path. Running out of aiming points too quickly. The HC however worked well. Power etc is similar and pellets from the same tin. It may be an eye alignment issue so I will see if the adjustable butt pad makes a difference. This is why we love springers
    Pete

Oh and Debbie was wondering when the next Bash was . She enjoyed it so much she is coming back!. Got to teach her to shoot the meteor
    Pete

Just acquired an Anchutz 335 mk1 in .177" cal over the weekend. Mach 1.5 had kindly been sitting on it for me at his place until I could collect it. In need of a bit of work, but all together. Chrono'd at 5.5ft/lb and very twangy, so some refinishing and a fettle are in order. Took some time to break the hw30 out for a long overdue session. With collections, you often shoot the closest to hand, and I really regretted not having the '30 closer as it shot like a dream on Sunday afternoon out to 25yds on 15mm knock downs.

Hi tone, took the spring out the 99 but couldn't get the barrel axis bolt out, its well and truly on there lol. So just polished the spring ends fettled the trigger a bit and put a piston sleeve in. Will have another bash at getting the barrel off and piston out when I've got a bit more time. It's already less twangy and nicer to shoot though also degunked the spring and trigger mech.

Hi tone, took the spring out the 99 but couldn't get the barrel axis bolt out, its well and truly on there lol. So just polished the spring ends fettled the trigger a bit and put a piston sleeve in. Will have another bash at getting the barrel off and piston out when I've got a bit more time. It's already less twangy and nicer to shoot though also degunked the spring and trigger mech.

When you say "have a bash" I presume you mean literally
    Pete

When you say "have a bash" I presume you mean literally
    With the larger of my gunsmithing lump hammers

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How did the weekend's escapades go, peeps?

And we know our Pete had a most excellent result with two boingery additions.
    I’ve got a bell target I bought a couple of years ago and only just unboxed it this weekend. It’s now positioned at the end of my Man Cave at about 30ft ready for a bit of indoor play when the weather turns wet. HW45, CP88 and Hatsan Mod25 at the ready and well overdue an outing.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The HC was very nice....raised more questions regarding the 97 which will need more investigation.
    I put my Prostaff which was on my 97 onto the HC.
    I was selling the Prostaff as the BDC Ret. Didn't work with the pellet path. Running out of aiming points too quickly. The HC however worked well. Power etc is similar and pellets from the same tin. It may be an eye alignment issue so I will see if the adjustable butt pad makes a difference. This is why we love springers
    Oh and Debbie was wondering when the next Bash was . She enjoyed it so much she is coming back!. Got to teach her to shoot the meteor
    Nice one, Pete.. I've always fancied the Prostaff too.

And very well done on getting Debbie interested.. I think treating her to her very own beautiful little lightweight (like a 30S) may pique her interest even more and that special day isn't far away now.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Just acquired an Anchutz 335 mk1 in .177" cal over the weekend. Mach 1.5 had kindly been sitting on it for me at his place until I could collect it. In need of a bit of work, but all together. Chrono'd at 5.5ft/lb and very twangy, so some refinishing and a fettle are in order. Took some time to break the hw30 out for a long overdue session. With collections, you often shoot the closest to hand, and I really regretted not having the '30 closer as it shot like a dream on Sunday afternoon out to 25yds on 15mm knock downs.
    Nice one on both counts, Marky.. I'd love a 335 one day. And aren't the little 30s gems and a treat to shoot when they come out for playtime?

Well done on the work so far, Chris.

Re that barrel axis bolt, did the nut come off okay? If so, and if you haven't tried already, try undoing it once the barrel's been unlatched. If that still doesn't work, maybe a good fitting piece in a ratchet for extra leverage? It'll come.......Obviously Herman was feeling on particularly good form that day.. Makes you fancy one of those QD cocking lever axis pins even more.

Hope you get it fully tweaked to your satisfaction soon.