Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Excellent stuff, Gary. I hope all goes well upon trying it our for real and it's job done.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent stuff, Gary. I hope all goes well upon trying it our for real and it's job done.
    Thanks Tony, I'll update over the weekend.
    If I'm happy with it my next quandary is;
    Do I sell the little Airmax or buy another HW30 to sit it on?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Glad you have it sorted. Why don't you buy an HC to put the Airmax on?
    Seriously they are a great scope for the money. Ret is so fine though I wish it was illuminated.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Glad you have it sorted. Why don't you buy an HC to put the Airmax on?
    Seriously they are a great scope for the money. Ret is so fine though I wish it was illuminated.
    The last time I used the little Airmax I was struggling at 35yds so I'd only ever consider using it on something like a 30.
    I used to have a HC and loved it until I bought the 97. After that I couldn't shoot the HC.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 10-11-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    If I'm happy with it my next quandary is;
    Do I sell the little Airmax or buy another HW30 to sit it on?
    I think we all know the answer to that one, Gary.

Another 30 it is, then!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I would offer to buy it but then I would need a gun to put it on
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post

Hoping all goes well, Gary.

And here's a colourful little boingy thing to help things along.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Has "Project Annie" commenced yet, Mark? Be lovely to hear how this goes.
    Well, the Ani' came apart and was stripped. All the internals looked okay, but with a bit of play on the spring guide, a new delrin set was put on order. I had thought about synthetic piston seal and a tp resize (from 4.2 down to 3mm), so an adaptor and seal is on order from Custom Seals (Aussie). The main cylinder was cleaned up and I took it to my blacker's last week. Now it's back and the action is all one colour and not too shabby. However, the one front stock tab is snapped on the cylinder, so at a later date, some bench fitting and a reweld may be in order; at the moment it's being run with one front stock fixing screw and the main fixing screw on the trigger. With a time to wait for the synthetic piston seal, I decided to give the leather a good soak and try it back together with the new guide set and original spring (which I'd treated to a dressing and polish up). Trigger adjusted up to an acceptable two-stage, she shot very nicely, after initially spluttering residual oil out with the first few pellets! This was as a result of the oil soaked piston seal and the residue from the re-black. Now all settled and doing 7.5ft/lb in .177" cal, she shoots sweetly and in my very limited range within the mancave (4 mtrs), I'm getting nice groups standing, but at some point, I need to look at the open sights as I need to move the POI upwards and have run out of adjustment.

Oh, and if anyone need 16mm diameter Anschutz inserts for a front sight, let me know; Measure before you order being the byword as my front sight takes 18mm discs and I purchased some 16mm before realising my error!

Sounding very nice, Mark. I've fancied one of these ever since they were brought to our attention in those enlightening first months of Airgun World.

Couple of things.......that stock bracket.....maybe a idea to try and get that addressed sooner rather than later if you can as it's likely to affect your enjoyment and might lead to increased strain on the other fixings? Also, I remember people a few years ago mentioning bulging cylinders.....was this at the stock bracket area?

Although it won't be quite as consistent, if you like the feel I also wonder if it would be nice to keep it running on the leather seal for the classic, old school feel, and keep that synthetic one as a back up once it arrives?

P.S...came across a couple of companies on the 'net the other day while Googling "leather seals"....lots of choice, so even for people unable to make their own to replace unobtainable items, it seems it might not be too hard to source them?

I've just got back home from the range and to say I'm impressed with this little scope for the money is an understatement.
    The adjustments are 1/3 MOA which is good enough for what I want. I had it zeroed at 30 yds in a few minutes, I could easily read all the small print on the A3 target I used. The side focus wheel wasn't too stiff and a big wheel isn't required, saying that, the accuracy of the sf wheel is in question after 35yds, at 50yds it was reading 100yds.
    The glass is clear to the edge of the scope and the half mil dot reticle is not too thick.
    I've spent an hour with it and the scope is staying on the gun.
    Here's a little piccy of the set up.
    http://imgur.com/a/6BYMqgk

I'm not going to do a review in the "scope review" section just yet as I haven't had long enough to get to know it properly.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 13-11-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks for sharing you impression of it Gary. Where are they sold presently?
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 13-11-2021 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Thanks for sharing you impression of it Geoff. Where are they sold presently?
    I bought mine from Optics Warehouse for £130 plus postage Mark. They come with 9-11mm mounts and a sunshade, I've not used the mounts as my dovetails are 13mm so I can't comment on them.They're currently showing 37 in stock.
    Just after I ordered it there was a used one that came up for £70 on the AGF which sold straight away which at nearly half price isn't a surprise but it makes me wonder if there's a variation in quality and I may have been lucky with mine.
    Saying that, Optics Warehouse give a 60 day no hassle returns policy (SOG) so if you decide you don't like it after a month or so you can return it for a refund (minus postage).

Regards,
    Gary.

Sounding good, Gary. Thanks for sharing.

It's difficult to get the correct eye relief with a mobile phone as a camera but here goes. Some pictures of the reticle at 3x,7x and12x. Not necessarily in that order.

http://imgur.com/a/ceXUv5t
    http://imgur.com/a/Q9VZQLe
    http://imgur.com/a/vXLpIRU

I always seem to struggle to access the images posted on that site these days, Gary.. Never mind, though. As long as the scope is doing the business for you and you're happy, job done. And it does sound that way.

Have you picked up that extra little '30 yet?