Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Smile Happy Winter Solstice

Happy Shortest Day, peeps.

Today's a landmark day. And, although it's something we won't be noticing in a hurry, ever so slowly, but ever so surely, those days will begin to get longer and longer. Before we know it, Spring will be just around the corner, the days longer and warmer, the dick birds tweetier and tweetier and another Season of The Bash will be upon us.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyl View Post
    happy shortest day, peeps.

boing!
    tfft

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post

May just get something extra special instead. I don't have a 99.
    As we're nudging ever so near to the big day, Neil.......did you manage to get one?

Mmmmm.......the clock's ticking away.......did he or didn't he?.

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    In about 5 paydays time I hope I am lining up on the bucket
    Pete

Absolutely, Pete.

Cannot wait, my friend.

Merry Christmas to all you lovely Boingerati folk; have a great one.

BOING!

Merry Xmas everyone 👍👍👍

The lad really enjoyed having a play with his new Umarex Colt SAA. Firstly on paper and then some successful mangling of a can suspended on twine which he kept dancing around.. He's loving it.

The HW45 came out of its box for a little play, too, and he really liked the feel of it and it's self-contained nature.

I have had an issue with trapped nerves in my arms for a while which is getting gradually worse and this shortened the session. Cocking the new and stiff action did pose a challenge so it will be getting some moly grease on the cocking shoe "horns" before its next outing, some moly paste on the barrel latch pin and a drop of motor oil on the barrel hinge. I seem to remember applying some V-Mach moly grease to the cocking link to the .22 that I have also helped that one out when it was new.

Smells and feels lovely, though.

How are we doing, peeps?

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How are we doing, peeps?

BOING!
    Nice to hear you and your lad having some pistol fun Tone

Sorry to hear about the trapped nerves thing though

It’s taken nearly a year for me to get over a shoulder injury still not quite 100% but doesn’t given me any discomfort for shooting activities thank goodness.

I’ve lost my mojo a tad keep meaning to give the 30STL an outing and some plinking time but meh hasn’t happened yet

Might get chance tomorrow or Thursday so maybe I should really try harder to make it happen and see if I can find my missing mojo somewhere

I hope everyone is having a nice Christmas.
    After shooting that lovely HW30 of Craig's in October I regretted selling the one I had.
    Anyway, one came up for sale before Xmas and I managed to get it (thanks to Mach-1.5 for the screw to attach the front sight, you're a gent Paul).
    It has a Hawke Vantage 3-9 x40 with BKLs sitting on it and had its first outing yesterday. What a cracking little gun with the faintest twang but I'll have a look at that sometime in the future. It was hitting 30mm spinners at 40yds (it didn't have the power to spin them though).
    I always said that I'd put the little 2-7 Airmax on one of these if I got another but the Vantage that's on it is fine so I don't know what to do.
    I'm off to the indoor range on Friday morning with Emma and George and I'm sure Emma will appreciate it's weight and mild manners after enjoying shooting the last one.
    Looking forward to the next Bash and having a play with it outside.
    A happy New Year to all.

Fantastic to hear that you have become re-acquainted with the superb little 30, Gary; they're certainly hard to resist once they've cast their own brand of magic spell on you.. I'm sure Emma will love it too, as mentioned, and you're probably going to have a battle on your hands hanging onto this little gem.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Nice to hear you and your lad having some pistol fun Tone

Sorry to hear about the trapped nerves thing though

It’s taken nearly a year for me to get over a shoulder injury still not quite 100% but doesn’t given me any discomfort for shooting activities thank goodness.

I’ve lost my mojo a tad keep meaning to give the 30STL an outing and some plinking time but meh hasn’t happened yet

Might get chance tomorrow or Thursday so maybe I should really try harder to make it happen and see if I can find my missing mojo somewhere
    These milder temperatures we're enjoying should help tempt you back into the garage for a mojo rejuvenation fix, Nick, and it'll certainly be nice to give that 30 a chance to shine.

Re the shoulder / neck / arms thing I should have gone to the quack's ages ago. I've had issues on and off ever since 1997 (following a YZF750 vs VW Golf altercation), then made worse in 2013 following the Fiesta vs car transporter argument. Things have been gradually getting worse again for about the last five years, most especially the last three. I only went to see the quack about three months ago. I've now had X-Rays and an ultrasound. I've also just recently seen the physio. The ultrasound revealed tendonitis in the shoulders but the physio also says he thinks there's more at play here, pointing to neck (which I told the GP but he seemed unable to comprehend) and he's calling on colleagues in CATS (?) to investigate further. I last saw the physio last week and he's supposedly posting some exercises out. We'll see. In the "old days" they'd SHOW you the exercises and then print them off for you. Sure we'll get there, but I should really have gone earlier instead of letting it get worse and, as a consequence, Mr Wimpy Tone has lost loads of arm strength and muscle.

We'll get there. It's a must, really, as recently it has started to impinge on springer enjoyment and we can't be having that!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    We'll get there. It's a must, really, as recently it has started to impinge on springer enjoyment and we can't be having that!
    Certainly not Tone dread the thought

Sounds like you need a mainspring transplant for your shoulder/neck

Make sure it’s a good quality spring though none of that cropped ends or ox malarkey

I should have had my shoulder looked at really was a bit of a fool for just letting it crack on hoping it will get better etc

Probably come back to bite me in the future but meh at least I know I’m just as happy with a pcp if needed

I was thinking the other day about another break barrel to company my 30STL as I want to keep that on opens so ideally considering another BB for dedicated closer range scope duties but as I’m not a fan of the heavy stuff and filtering out 99% of most I’ve previously owned I’m struggling to think of something suitable.

I don’t really want another bleeding 99s as that will be about my 47th although a 50K would be more apt yes yes had a few of those before and let them slip through it’s a shame we don’t actually have a readily available 99k in this country like we do with the 30 series eg a 30s for opens or a 30k for scope shooting etc.

It just bugs me removing opens on a springer for scope shooting leaving those holes and front sight dovetail grooves and having to compromise on scope height with the opens style lower stock comb meh

I might look into my favourite dark horse BB the Fenix 400 instead as it just about ticks all the boxes for that idea