Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, crazy indeed, Nick. Sarah did a few tests last week as she felt ropey. All negative until last night's.

Lots of inconsistencies with various institutions, too.......Work, quite rightly, say to stay off. The 16 year old lad's school (he's negative so far) have said that he must go to school despite three of us testing positive. But he can't get there under his own steam due to his condition and the distance, so getting him to school means one of us leaving the house and having to drive him?

Frankie's college have said she must isolate for TEN days (although the govt ruling is seven following negative tests on days 6 and 7) and do a PCR.

Everything's all over the place at the moment with the right hand not knowing what the left is doing and seemingly not much clarity. Pretty much out of control, methinks, with no proper steerage.

Never mind, eh, at least the numpties can still pile into pubs, clubs, football stadiums etc., get hammered, hug and cuddle and lick each other with no limitations etc........WTF???
    Certainly is one big crazy mess tone

My wife Sarah works in HR for a big firm in Derby with 1000’s of staff she’s dealt with all the Covid related staffing issues from day one.

Sod that I’ve even banned her from discussing it at home as it drives me insane with what she has to deal with

Sorry to hear so many of you have fallen ill with it I had a nasty bout of it last Christmas and into early January. Fortunately I've seemingly managed to stay clear since, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if I end up getting a mild dose of this new variant. Everyone seems to be dropping like flies around me so it's almost just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

My wife Sarah works in HR for a big firm in Derby with 1000’s of staff she’s dealt with all the Covid related staffing issues from day one.
    :
    Blimey, she's had her work cut out dealing with that lot then, Nick. Give her a big cuddle and pat on the back.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Sorry to hear so many of you have fallen ill with it I had a nasty bout of it last Christmas and into early January. Fortunately I've seemingly managed to stay clear since, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if I end up getting a mild dose of this new variant. Everyone seems to be dropping like flies around me so it's almost just a matter of time.
    Yep, the numbers are crazy right now, Wills, and seemingly getting crazier. With so much going round, so few controls and lots of people not behaving ("living with it?" / ignoring it / being oblivious etc.), it's bound to get even worse. I can see the "let's see if we can ride it out as things are" side of the argument, but feel that the country can't actually cope with this method. Time will tell.
    Last edited by TonyL; 06-01-2022 at 12:00 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    A little bit of colour with a Boing to cut through the doom and murk.

BOING!

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Aaaaaaatttcchhhhhooooooo
    Pete

Bless you, Pete.

Hope you're both holding up okay.

I'm not doing too bad (just like having a bad cold, sore throat and going dizzy), but Mrs L's not doing so good, coughing blood up. She's now on anti-biotics (since last night) and fingers crossed for an improvement.
    Last edited by TonyL; 08-01-2022 at 09:22 AM.

I am starting to pick up, Debbie's slowly improving but she is still suffering
    Best wishes to Mrs L Tony hope she improves soon mate
    Pete

Cheers Pete.

I hope your improvements carry on in a linear way. Unfortunately, it seems to be the case that you think you're getting better and then go backwards somewhat. I think I've heard others say this, too?

Like yourself, I feel I'm heading the right way. The jury's out on Mrs L........

Yep definitely 2 steps forward and 1 step back
    Pete

Smile Happy Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I did find an M4 at Solware.
    Late Christmas or early birthday present maybe.

99 didn't materialise this time.
    Happy Birthday, Neil.

Will you be having a play with the M4 today?

Have a great birthday Neil
    Pete

Page two?

Don't think so!

Up with a BOING!

Sorry to hear Mrs L not so well.

I did have a go with the M4. Good for a giggle.

Thank you for my birthday wishes.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.