Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Had a nice little play at Lea Valley Saturday took the Superstar and the 97. Both worked better than me. Still not quite right after Covid.
    I know you are local Will so if you ever want a guest ticket PM me. Shoot out to 80 yards
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    For the first in I don't know how many months, I did manage to get over to an indoor range with a friend for an hour yesterday. Took my 100 to test/generally just point and shoot but also wanted to give my 99 some shots as it's not really been used in the time I've had it. It had a little clean out and a kit from tinners fitted before going into the cabinet for the majority of the pandemic. On the face of it, it seems to shoot very acceptably but yesterday's quick succession of shots did highlight a problem. Some time back I bought a Richter Optik one piece mount to make sure the scope doesn't go anywhere when being transported etc, but about halfway through the session the mount was hanging about 1.5" off the back of the rail. Going to need to try and secure it into a locating hole if I can (I can't remember if the mount has one of those little screws in it or not).

On the plus side, it didn't gall when being fired repeatedly and I did manage to fluke a couple of quite funny shots. There's 4 bell targets at the end of the range (20m away) and I somehow managed to get a couple of shots through the hole standing unsupported, scope hanging off and using up some old Milbro Jets that I got given with that broken 35. Statistically that's pretty much impossible
    You might not replicate that shooting performance once you have sorted the mounting issues and feed it JSBs or FTTs, Will.

BTW.....stick a Sportsmatch on it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Had a nice little play at Lea Valley Saturday took the Superstar and the 97. Both worked better than me. Still not quite right after Covid.
    Nice one, Pete.. Hope the recovery continues apace.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And here's the colourful, boingy little chap adding a splash of colour to this page.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I know you are local Will so if you ever want a guest ticket PM me. Shoot out to 80 yards
    Cheers Pete Yes we'll definitely arrange to go over there when we're both free and you're feeling a bit more up to it. Long Covid is a real 'female dog'. A few people I know have been breathless/short of stamina even months afterwards. Hope you guys continue to recover well.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You might not replicate that shooting performance once you have sorted the mounting issues and feed it JSBs or FTTs, Will.

BTW.....stick a Sportsmatch on it.
    Haha there's no way that performance is getting anything close to repeated I did have a tin of FTT's open on the bench but I was determined to get rid of the Jets before going home (I didn't )

Took the mount off tonight and I'd got it back to front, so the recoil screw was at the wrong end but also fully wound up. Have turned the mount around and wound the grub screw down into a locating hole now, so I doubt it'll go too far next time Boingers do behave strangely it seems. My friend who was with me commented how it's pleasantly quiet for a sprung powerplant. I haven't had a scope shift on the rail before, but I guess that's proof in the pudding that there's quite a bit of force being exerted in the firing cycle.

Hoping to get to a bash this year if any get organised

Yep, I can't remember the last time that I experienced scope creep on one of my springers, even with the odd two piece mount (I usually like to use one piece where possible). It was probably back in my earlier shooting days with a Meteor / Mercury? Most 99s seem fine, even with two piece mounts. Don't know if the internal set-up needs checking out or if the mount just doesn't grip securely? The bolt will stop it creeping, but it might mark up the arrestor hole? For that extra reassurance, I'd be fitting a Sportsmatch.

Be great to see you at Quigley Bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, I can't remember the last time that I experienced scope creep on one of my springers, even with the odd two piece mount (I usually like to use one piece where possible). It was probably back in my earlier shooting days with a Meteor / Mercury? Most 99s seem fine, even with two piece mounts. Don't know if the internal set-up needs checking out or if the mount just doesn't grip securely? The bolt will stop it creeping, but it might mark up the arrestor hole? For that extra reassurance, I'd be fitting a Sportsmatch.

Be great to see you at Quigley Bottom.
    Quite right you are, I did worry about marking the action so I shoved a small piece of folded paper in there to provide a buffer between the two surfaces. Also might help to keep it more stable in one position rather than moving around in the slack?

Quite right you are, I did worry about marking the action so I shoved a small piece of folded paper in there to provide a buffer between the two surfaces. Also might help to keep it more stable in one position rather than moving around in the slack?
    Yep, a nice paper (or plastic) "bush" to take up any slack and remove metal to metal contact sounds good.

Managed to fit in a "hallway session" with the new HW45 yesterday.. Previously I'd only managed a few very brief shots on Christmas Day when my arm was killing. Dropped a little moly onto the cocking slot and barrel retainer / hammer pin. Settling nicely. Tried it with the Gecos that Bill included with the deal and it's liking them.

Smells lovely, too.

Hoping to get to a bash this year if any get organised
    There will, for sure, be events this year, Wills.

We're just awaiting news from Neil. Watch this space. BOING!

And up with a little BOING!

Any boingery plans for the weekend, peeps?

Incredibly mild conditions for January, albeit a bit blowy, may encourage some outdoor boingery fun?

Mmmm......probably not, then. That was certainly a bit blowy yesterday with more stormy stuff to come.

This space shall be watched

No boingery fun for me this weekend but maybe in the next few weeks. I had a really last minute invite on Friday night to a small driven game shoot on the Saturday morning. As the day started out it was practically airgun weather, but the wind soon picked up to gale force and even firing a 12 in it was asking a lot. I don't think I managed to touch anything but a few of the other guns shot very well. I was gifted 4 ducks to eat over the impending Chinese New Year so plucking those is my job for this afternoon before a friend pops round for a beer or two.

I've yet to try my papered up 99 configuration so I'm very curious to see if it works or not. In theory it should, but boinger theory isn't always straightforward

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    No shooting for me this weekend. Next Saturday though
    Pete