Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Let's hope the conditions are a little more amenable for you for next weekend, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    This space shall be watched

No boingery fun for me this weekend but maybe in the next few weeks. I had a really last minute invite on Friday night to a small driven game shoot on the Saturday morning. As the day started out it was practically airgun weather, but the wind soon picked up to gale force and even firing a 12 in it was asking a lot. I don't think I managed to touch anything but a few of the other guns shot very well. I was gifted 4 ducks to eat over the impending Chinese New Year so plucking those is my job for this afternoon before a friend pops round for a beer or two.

I've yet to try my papered up 99 configuration so I'm very curious to see if it works or not. In theory it should, but boinger theory isn't always straightforward
    Enjoy those duck ducks, Wills.

Be interesting to hear your later findings on the 99 mount. I'd still be putting a Sportsmatch one on for the extra reassurance, though.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Smile Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits.

'Tis the first of a month my little Boingerpeeps and the very best of health and fortunes to all.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I saw DavyWavy (Gina's brother) today. Hopefully joining us for the next Bash.

Plus another of my customers from Lincoln who has a Umarex Beretta 92FS, AA200 and Brummy Stingray who should be joining us.

Plus Adam, "Monkey" should be joining us again with his 99.

BOING!
    I saw the nice chap from Lincoln, Gary, yesterday. He's asked me to take a look at the Stingray as he thinks all might not be well. I've agreed to take a look at it, check things over, change the breech seal and have a look at the scope / zeroing issues. I won't be stripping it down as I remember an old Hawk's trigger assembly being an awkward proposition to reassemble when I did one for a friend when I was 15. If it were mine, maybe.

It's a lovely looking little thing. Stumpy and well balanced. Very, very nice condition other than some marks on the stock.

Upon breaking the breech, the seal definitely looks to have seen better days. And whatever lube was on the detent has turned into a gooey mess. I'll get the area cleaned up and the detent lubed up. Aiming to chrono it today. I'm not expecting great things as it only slightly flattened the head of a pellet at point blank range when shooting at an old Argos catalogue and the pellet didn't penetrate. Hoping the breech seal does the job. Spring tension feels okay and hoping piston seal won't need replacing.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    What sort of power would you expect from a Stingray in full working order Tone ? Will be interesting to hear what a new breech seal alone will do to any increase in power to what it’s putting out at the moment.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Hey Pauly. Lovely to see you on little bruv.. Hope you is okay.

I'm no expert on Stingrays but everything I've ever seen about them would indicate that they're "full UK power" when running properly.

This one isn't.

A quick chrono sesh revealed it's turning out 215 to 220 fps with the 14.3 grains Crosman Powapells that the owner uses in it. A whole, fruity 1.5 ft.lbs!

I ordered a breech seal up and I've cleaned up all the sticky red gummy gunge around the detent and breech. Old breech seal ripped out ready for the new one arriving. I really hope for the owner that the breech seal alone sorts it, as it'll be a nice, easy and cheap fix.

I won't get any daylight until Sunday for the next chrono check, so we'll see then.
    Last edited by TonyL; 02-02-2022 at 05:41 AM. Reason: GPs? - fps!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yep! All’s very well with me thanks matey

1.5 ft/lb that’s Gat gun territory isn’t it ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Not sure what the mighty Gat put out, Pauly, but this is certainly the lowest power airgun I've ever personally run over my chrono, including all my pistols.. Even my very cosmetically challenged old dog of a Suoersport, with its knackered breech seal and broken spring when I acquired it, made about 8ft.lbs, I seem to remember.

I really do hope for Gary that the breech seal does the job. It's such a lovely looking, chunky, solid and nicely balanced little thing and I know he has no plans of getting rid. I expected the breech seal to be a dry old festival of degraded mess and to be having to pick dried up brittle bits out of its groove but, although it didn't look fantastic externally, it came out easily and is still flexible, casting a little doubt as to whether the breech seal alone will be responsible for such drastic power loss.

As said earlier, if it was to require further work afterwards I'd be recommending a visit to a professional tuner, as I don't really want to faff with the fiddly trigger mechanism. It'd be different if it was my own gun.

Anyone know if the piston seals are prone to degrading in these? Any reports of leaky cylinders? Gary bought the rifle new, roughly 20 years ago, and it's been hardly used. Maybe a third of a tin of pellets.

Thumbs down Mmmmm

Well, all credit to those brilliant people at Chambers. I'd ordered the breech seal on Tuesday morning and it arrived yesterday. Excellent service; thank you, chaps. Not the first time, either.

So, when I got the chance later yesterday evening, I popped the new seal in. A quick shot into the Argos catalogue would give a very quick gauge as to whether the hoped-for performance was restored..

Nope.. The dent in the catalogue was the same depth as when tried on Tuesday. Don't even need to check on the chrono. Now, spring resistance would seem healthy enough when cocking. And I noticed some dark, almost dusty, speckles on the catalogue. Peering up the barrel there are also tell tale little dark specklly "blobs". I think it's fair to say that the piston seal has degraded and has broken up, resulting in the dismal performance.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nope.. The dent in the catalogue was the same depth as when tried on Tuesday. Don't even need to check on the chrono. Now, spring resistance would seem healthy enough when cocking. And I noticed some dark, almost dusty, speckles on the catalogue. Peering up the barrel there are also tell tale little dark specklly "blobs". I think it's fair to say that the piston seal has degraded and has broken up, resulting in the dismal performance.
    What you need mate, is a few drops of 3 in 1 oil down the transfer port. That should give it plenty of power. Plus you will get some cool smoke that you can blow through the barrel after every shot.

Ooo-er, Stevie Boy! How about a squirt of Redex?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And the boingy little cheeky chappy makes an appearance on this page.

BOING!

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    when is bash next please gencklmens?
    New thread started with dates for May, July and September, Al.