Thread: Springer valuation

Springer valuation

I’ve recently bought a HW99s and didn’t get along with it. Still in near mint condition shoots accurately.
    I’m not sure about how much it might sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Lots of factors come into play with a spring rifle.

Is it that the rifle does not fit you, the firing cycle is to harsh or you just dislike the rifle ?
    A few things really, kickback was a little harsh but not too bad, loading mechanism was abit stiff for me and I mainly shoot pcp so not really my thing

I never put a scope on it - just used it iron sights

If its in good condition the rule of thumb is two thirds of its value brand new. Hope that helps mate

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Calibre?
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    If its in good condition the rule of thumb is two thirds of its value brand new. Hope that helps mate
    Thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Calibre?
    177 calibre

Did you just use it with the open sights as a short term measure and because you hadn't bought into the idea of committing to it and keeping it or was it because the simple, uncluttered format of the open sights appealed for your anticipated use? If the latter, I'd guess that the idea was to use it for shorter range use? If that's the case, wouldn't you consider some form of de-tune which would give you a much milder firing cycle and reduce the cocking effort? It'd then go nicely alongside the PCP as an unfussy, uncomplicated "back-up" rifle. And you might just gel with it and get to love it. I'm thinking along the lines of a slightly softer spring and a slight stroke reduction to keep the cycle from being lazy.

If you are to sell, I'd say Baldinio's two-thirds rule would be apt.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!