Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for an old D34 to arrive

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Yeah, they are much more charming than the later ones. The cylinder is about a centimeter shorter, but that plus the simplistic stock really makes a difference.
    Someone mentioned the D24, heres an old 25mm 1985 D24 together with the new-to-me 1986 D34. Notice that the D34 has a plastic trigger, and the D24 has a steel trigger. The D24 has a much simpler trigger system:

Does It have scope dovetails instead of a rail like in this pic ?

HI GUYS, I have a lovely [ think it's a 1980 ] 34,kissed by VMACH, it's a .177, with the t06 trigger upgrade, and a vmach barrel weight /silencer, a very light, smooth rifle, sold and bought it back twice, and will probably keep it to the end,as cannot use anything heavy at all now, a real plain Jane, of a gun, would love a really nice stock for it, if any one selling,[must be very light ] I think they are a very underrated rifle.

Great to hear that it arrived, evert. Not so good, however, to hear of the bent barrel and "customised" scope grooves. However, as you've shown, all bread and butter to a chap with your talents and fantastic to hear that you've addressed those points straight away and got it performing so sweetly with just a little TLC.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Does It have scope dovetails instead of a rail like in this pic ?

Both the 24 and the 34 in my picture have those grooves, and not the later rail. Except, some previous idiot owner went at those grooves with a dremel to make them deeper...
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Great to hear that it arrived, evert. Not so good, however, to hear of the bent barrel and "customised" scope grooves. However, as you've shown, all bread and butter to a chap with your talents and fantastic to hear that you've addressed those points straight away and got it performing so sweetly with just a little TLC.
    Thanks. Straightening barrels has become a routine for me when buying used springers

I'm thinking of doing a "soft tune" on this gun, by replacing the spring with one of JM/ARH's Hw50/99 springs and turning up some nice tight delrin guides.
    Those springs TOTALLY transform the Webley Vulcans, and I suspect they may do a great job in the old D34's as well.
    Too many airguns!

Good stuff. With the non-3-ball trigger? If that’s what we call a “normal, simple trigger like on most other springers”.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good stuff. With the non-3-ball trigger? If that’s what we call a “normal, simple trigger like on most other springers”.
    The D24 has the "normal" trigger.
    The D34 has the superior "three-ball-sear".
    Too many airguns!

The D24 has the "normal" trigger.
    The D34 has the superior "three-ball-sear".
    Thanks. Wasn’t sure if it did from the very start.

My 24 has a raised scope rail, but has a plastic trigger with two adjuster screws, it's mounted in a metal unit with three pins. On removing the plastic rear cover, I can see a smaller diameter inner tube, is this the 3 ball trigger? It's very good as set at the factory.

1984 Model 34's have the basic, non-adjustable trigger unit. Early 24 & 26 also have a version of it but it seems to work better due to their relatively mild springs, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    My 24 has a raised scope rail, but has a plastic trigger with two adjuster screws, it's mounted in a metal unit with three pins. On removing the plastic rear cover, I can see a smaller diameter inner tube, is this the 3 ball trigger? It's very good as set at the factory.
    That is the three ball trigger. There is an outer casing with the usual inner & outer shrouds and main trigger unit body and 3 balls within it.
    The first 24's to receive the 3 ball were designated 24D and usually, but not always, had the sight rail. I have seen both items on later models stamped 24 and 24J.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    1984 Model 34's have the basic, non-adjustable trigger unit. Early 24 & 26 also have a version of it but it seems to work better due to their relatively mild springs, most likely.
    That was my recollection too.

That is the three ball trigger. There is an outer casing with the usual inner & outer shrouds and main trigger unit body and 3 balls within it.
    The first 24's to receive the 3 ball were designated 24D and usually, but not always, had the sight rail. I have seen both items on later models stamped 24 and 24J.
    Thank you, just noticed a J stamped below Model 24 stamped on the cylinder. So it's a 24J then.

Ah, the elusive Diana 26. Thats one of the guns I'm still looking for.
    Too many airguns!

Ah, the elusive Diana 26. Thats one of the guns I'm still looking for.
    Good luck with your search, I've never worked out why Diana's weren't more popular.