Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waiting for an old D34 to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    As someone who collects a few rifles myself, I can really relate to this sentiment. You compare the rifle to what other models you have in the stable and that comparison will generally dictate how often it gets shot. I always like to come back to some of these rifles at a later date as you can sometimes change your opinion. Point of case for me was the Original model 27 I have (and one I owned previously). Shot in comparison to an HW30, I convinced myself it was inferior, yet a good session a few months later changed my mind.
    Exactly! And this is my excuse to keep too many airguns- you really need to compare models over time to be able to really evaluate their qualities.
    "I shot this-and-this model model two years ago and it was the greatest gun I've ever shot" does not really mean anything else than that you liked the gun at the time.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Did they deliver the gun without the soft plastic/rubber cover on the safety, or have the covers on some guns just gotten lost?
    The early 34's had plain steel and the 38 had the soft covers over. 36's seem to have either & knowing M&G, nothing was set in stone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    As someone who collects a few rifles myself, I can really relate to this sentiment. You compare the rifle to what other models you have in the stable and that comparison will generally dictate how often it gets shot. I always like to come back to some of these rifles at a later date as you can sometimes change your opinion. Point of case for me was the Original model 27 I have (and one I owned previously). Shot in comparison to an HW30, I convinced myself it was inferior, yet a good session a few months later changed my mind.
    The 27 has a winning formula. I would also say that guns that can seem quite nice in isolation can soon be found lacking when shot back to back with another nice rifle. Whisky drinking can be exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The 27 has a winning formula. I would also say that guns that can seem quite nice in isolation can soon be found lacking when shot back to back with another nice rifle. Whisky drinking can be exactly the same.
    Very wise words indeed
    Dave

+1
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!