Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alros Starfire CO2 8 Shot

: Alros Starfire CO2 8 Shot

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    I am Martin, hope you are the same, cup of tea here when you want it.
    i pass there regulary atm mate was just thinking of it when i saw your adress on my old phone the other day . pm me your number .

Quote Originally Posted by Cinimod View Post
    Evening Stuart,
    Rest assured it come to a good home it's here to stay with me and be used and looked after. It's an absolute gem and very easy to shoot. Did you work on the trigger as I've heard that they were quite crude but it's very light and predictable for a single stage.
    I can tell you looked after it as the bluing is very good still, the only thing I'm going to do is to refinish the stock to oil and I'll need to replace the bolt Oring....dom
    I’ve got an M400 Thumbhole, the trigger is indeed crude but the feel is far better than the visual impression would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I’ve got an M400 Thumbhole, the trigger is indeed crude but the feel is far better than the visual impression would suggest.
    Crude doesn't really cover it, when I took off the trigger guard while trying to work out what does what I nearly fell off the stool, the trigger is pivoted through side of the guard !!!!. But it is very predictable with no creep at all.
    Not sure what's original in mine though as Stuart has done things inside

Quote Originally Posted by Cinimod View Post
    Crude doesn't really cover it, when I took off the trigger guard while trying to work out what does what I nearly fell off the stool, the trigger is pivoted through side of the guard !!!!. But it is very predictable with no creep at all.
    Not sure what's original in mine though as Stuart has done things inside
    Only renewed the spring everything was as it was.

I have always liked the look of the Starfire and bobcat Rifles that Alros made.
    I had the m400 Trailsman, m400 shadow, but still have a regular Trailsman in. 177.
    Les..

i sold a few of mine but i still have 2 m400's a 180 and trailsman

Hello all, I’ve acquired a Starfire that has all the aforementioned ailments, including stock needing a refresh, reseal, and the barrel has been cut down also…

Is there a place to start with the strip down? Or possibly a guide somewhere? I’m keen to get it right but don’t want to rush in

Thanks
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Hi Tom

I looked everywhere for a guide, never found one though.

Best place to start is :
    1. Remove barrel - just grub screws.
    2.Remove end charging cap
    3.Remove hidden grub screw that is located in the bottom of front barrel strap
    4.Undo cylinder - standard left hand thread. It may be super tight and need a clamp. Set aside
    5.Tip up stock and tap butt to get the exhaust valve to drop out.
    6. Undo action stock screw and trigger guard.
    7. Lift action up and out of stock.

I am sure you can figure the rest out. Valves are from a titan I think. Exhaust valve is made from nylon or similar and on my Alros rifles they are all slightly different.
    I would source another barrel if it was mine as you may loose some fps with the short barrel unless the valve has been modified.

valve stems aren't titan but made similarly and tbh i think they just usd a bit of plastic that had been threaded on to a bit of stainless shaft then turned to make them concentric
    the stems now are all likely to be cracking as they do suffer that issue
    i'm not sure if i took pics last time i had a shadow 140 apart but i think the starfire stripped similarlyand most of the seals will be the same
    i think i made up a few/got the o rings in for shadow and 400's and i think i have trailsman sets for both the bottle and cylinder versions

Thanks chaps! Mark that is just the step by step I was looking for! I’ll have a look at the barrel when I get it out and another may be on the cards…

Ped I would be interested in a seal set if you have any?
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Wonderful, Mark. What a lovey pair. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    Thanks chaps! Mark that is just the step by step I was looking for! I’ll have a look at the barrel when I get it out and another may be on the cards…

Ped I would be interested in a seal set if you have any?
    i'll look today to see if i made any up

Shadow m100

Never owned one my self....But that said one has caught my eye today, and it's not to far away so i have arranged a look see tomorrow

It's on the GT now