Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Not really, but I can combine a bit of French and schoolboy Latin.

That bit about the Dianas I don’t understand.

The rest appears mostly to be a standard description of how a tap-loading underlever works “when the lever is returned, the gun can be fired” kind of thing.

It says the basic model was the “Barton” and the deluxe version was the “Redcastle”. I think.

Feeling slightly smug to have discovered a - to us - previously unknown vintage rifle, and therefore expecting someone like Frank to pop up and tell us he has seven of them, with pics.
Actually, I have just done it using Google translate. I think it says roughly:

The fabarm carbines are built in two models, namely normal 'Barton' and luxury ‘Redcastle’ and a compressed air rifle in which the barrel is fixed and both the loading mechanism and the cocking mechanism are controlled simultaneously by a single lever suitably articulated with the cocking strut and with the magazine.

The photographs show the rifle in elevation, for the part needed to illustrate the open or closed position and how it looks in the ready or unloaded position.

The Fabarm rifle in the open position, that is when it is ready to load by means of a dart or pellet, it has the magazine raised in which a hole is uncovered in which the load is introduced, the strut has already armed the piston. By returning the lever to its initial position, the rifle is ready for shooting.

The aforementioned company also builds rifles similar to the Diana mod, 22 and mod 25 and ammunition for the above mentioned