I have now been able to try fitting the new shorter Morini 200ei air cylinders to some Morini 162ei and Titan 162ei air pistols and the threads are exactly the same so there is no problem swapping the old and new cylinders between them all.

What may be a problem is that when the longer cylinders from the standard 162ei models are fitted to the new 200ei pistol, the cylinders are longer than the barrel and protrude past the muzzle break.

This does not really make much noticeable difference to the balance of the 200ei pistol and it would be OK for practising and informal shooting, but it would probably cause a problem if the pistol was to be submitted to weapons control at a match as it may not fit inside the control box without replacing the longer cylinder with the original shorter 200ei air cylinder.

When fitted on a standard length 162ei the shorter 200ei cylinders should not cause any problems at all - and the new colours actually look really nice on the Titan and the 162ei pistols, and from what I have seen so far, there should be enough air in these shorter cylinders to allow the completion of a full ISU competition without running out.

I have been advised that the new gold and orange coloured cylinders are only currently available in the shorter 200ei length, but they are available not only with the digital manometer (as supplied with new 200ei match pistols) but also with the analogue manometers at a more affordable price!

Presumably the limited edition purple 200ei cylinders will only be available in the new shorter length (?), but the limited edition 200ei Titan pistols have the same colour cylinders as the 162ei Titan match pistols so both lengths of cylinder should be available in the titanium colour.

Maybe in the future all colours will become available in both lengths of air cylinders mentioned here.

I do not have a short 162ei match pistol so I cannot make any observations about the cylinder length used on them, but perhaps they are the same length as the new 200ei (?) and if so, that would give access to owners of these pistols to all of the colours used on the 200ei cylinders.