Thread: Tx 200 walnut ,rat works tuned ,full length barrel

Tx 200 walnut ,rat works tuned ,full length barrel

Hi ,I'm looking to sell my tx200 177 ,it's mint condition basically new, walnut stock had a rat works tune £150 ..what kind of money could I sell it for ? Obviously I'm looking for around 600 or do u think I'm asking too much ? It's just cost me 850 in total ,it was gonna be my forever springer ,but now I want a pcp instead

Hi having it tuned is a personal choice can help with a sale but as for adding value not sure but you loose a third off a new rifle when selling second hand .

I would say about £500.
    Atb mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    what is the ratworks tune in a TX200 ? The piston already has bearings, and is silky smooth. Is it just spring and guides ? Or do they shorten the stroke ? Or sleave it down ? If nothing special then it'll add very little value..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

You would be well advised to keep your TX.
    Pcp's won't float your boat the same.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

id of said around the 500 mark is a fair asking price

Don’t listen to the 2/3rd thing it’s not true each rifle depending on condition and what someone is looking for at the time. Start advertising it at £600 and see where it goes from there. It is true that a tune on a rifle doesn’t always add the value to it but if someone was looking at buying the same rifle and having the tune done then they would pay the £600 as it would save them time and money. It all depends on the right person looking for the rifle at the time. If in no rush stick out for the £600 or keep it. Just remember once sold you will regret selling it so have a good think first as a tuned springer can be better than a pcp and no air bottle needed or leaky seals need replacing

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Personally I'd keep the TX in case I found the PCP route wasn't for me. Lost count of the number of posts I've seen from people lamenting the sale of their TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmcc View Post
    Don’t listen to the 2/3rd thing it’s not true each rifle depending on condition and what someone is looking for at the time. Start advertising it at £600 and see where it goes from there. It is true that a tune on a rifle doesn’t always add the value to it but if someone was looking at buying the same rifle and having the tune done then they would pay the £600 as it would save them time and money. It all depends on the right person looking for the rifle at the time. If in no rush stick out for the £600 or keep it. Just remember once sold you will regret selling it so have a good think first as a tuned springer can be better than a pcp and no air bottle needed or leaky seals need replacing
    Yep every air gun I've sold I've been gutted about ,not long got rid of the regulated s510 in walnut ,that ws to go back to springers with my tx200 ,I might look at keeping it and just buying a hw100 used ,seen a nice one today £750 kt lam stock ,was very nice...

Honestly, don’t sell it if you can afford both. I sold my first TX in 2012 and regretted it. The one I have now is a keeper for sure.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I just don't see it worth £600 TBH, £450/500 is a realistic price if you want to even have a chance of selling it, many well tuned guns by people like Tony Leach and Steve pope don't go for over £500, so it's unlikely yours will

But be bold if you wish, just don't say I didn't tell you
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I'd keep mate

I sold a mint Steve Pope tuned tx in .22 with a hand selected walnut stock .

Absolutely beautiful and that only brought £450 cost me a bit more tbh and regret selling now.

You will definitely lose money on this and will definitely regret it and probably end up getting another down the line then splash out again in the extras you want with tuning etc

I'd say you will get £400/450 but really I would keep this nate