Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's not surprising that most manufactures fit ABT's after watching this video.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

It's not surprising that most manufactures fit ABT's after watching this video.

First this guy shoots the gun Dry and then he then goes on to cock the gun as far as the ABT then load without holding the lever and then fully cocks the gun so he can release the ABT, I just wonder how many other airgunners over the world use springers like this guy, I'm not sure that it is that rare. Am I wrong about this? opinions please

https://youtu.be/SIQqidP6HI0?t=64

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    Bit of a random find, I prefer channels like taofledermaus where they know what they're doing.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Haven't watched the video, Barry, having gained the general idea from your text. I think I'd find it far too cringeworthy. Unfortunately, they live amongst us and many are just an accident waiting to happen. And it's down to us safe and responsible users to educate them wherever possible.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

The Guy is a dangerous idiot who known nothing about air rifles. Unfortunately he seems to have a following.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

His part of the world isn't exactly well known for Health & Safety standards in anything though is it.
    I note his finger was hovering around the trigger the whole time as well.

Some top weapon handling there. Even starts prodding around the breach at one point. His fingers aren't long for this world 😂

Only a problem with 1 style of breech though. Those of us who still use tap loaders or rotary breech models don't have that problem

Must admit though, his index finger positioning had me cringing.

I have many underlevers but the only one that gives me the shivers is my FWB300s. Beautiful gun, crap loading system that is really awkward to use.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    I have many underlevers but the only one that gives me the shivers is my FWB300s. Beautiful gun, crap loading system that is really awkward to use.
    After cocking, I hold forend in RH, stick RH elbow against open sidelever, wedging lower arm between the forend and the lever, and load pellet with LH.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Everyone give him a dislike.
    We need to discourage these people from posting on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post
    Everyone give him a dislike.
    We need to discourage these people from posting on YouTube.
    Giving him a dislike still helps his channel I believe . Not viewing it is a better idea.

Don't suppose anyone remembers the video by John Darling where he was cocking an 80 and letting go of the barrel before loading?
    B.A.S.C. member

I've not seen the that one,does that him a knob head.atb mick

Hmmm, bit of an idiot and set to become a member of the Darwin Club.

Did I see him cock the rifle then have to pull the u/l again? And he hit a big plastic bottle. Whoopee.
    Simple things please ....

Cheers, Phil

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    [QUOTE=Phil Russell;8070403)

Did I see him cock the rifle then have to pull the u/l again?

Cheers, Phil[/QUOTE]

Yes he seem to be cocking and loading in two stages, first struggle to get the lever to the ABT then load a pellet without holding the lever then finish cocking the gun so he could return the lever, so he was putting his fingers in the breech with just the ABT holding the cylinder and that gun does not have a independent ABT like the TX and 52 it works of the linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Yes he seem to be cocking and loading in two stages, first struggle to get the lever to the ABT then load a pellet without holding the lever then finish cocking the gun so he could return the lever, so he was putting his fingers in the breech with just the ABT holding the cylinder and that gun does not have a independent ABT like the TX and 52 it works of the linkage.
    I can’t be bothered to watch, but is it that Russian pillock?