Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    682

    MTC Viper Connect

    Decided on the above to sit on my p10 bulpup always been impressed by the MTC range of scopes and this one doesn't change my mind
    in the slightest nice build quality and clear glass and the SCB ret is great for me and I took advantage of the offer of the free connecter mount
    that was sent from Hannah at MTC when I phoned and that's where it gets even better the service is second to none and having been in retail for 27 years I know what I'm talking about.
    Its easy to see that an airgunner has had an input in these scopes and indeed the mount as there's a place to put a torch and the rubber eye piece is a great addition along with the push button illuminated ret makes it ideal for dusk.
    Only one negative is the front flip up although I do like the intergrated flip up it's hard to open and could be problematic on cold morning's i'm hoping this will slacken off with use.
    I think the side focus could do with the small wheel addition that others in the MTC range have going to see if I can get one separately today.
    Overall as you can tell i'm a fan and the next gun I buy will have an MTC on top.

    Phil

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Tring
    Posts
    25

    Viper Connect..which one?

    Hi, I'm a newbie to all this, but after spendind a little time on down at Wendover with my hw100 with a Hawke sport hd scope.Ive decided to take the plunge go for a Viper Connect. My question is which? Most of my shooting will be plinking in the back yard, a little messing on a bench at the range and eventually try HFT. So which one to go for 24mm or 32mm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    11
    I have owned two MTC Connect's and absolutely love them. Great scopes and well priced.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mirfield
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Needabiggertarg View Post
    Hi, I'm a newbie to all this, but after spendind a little time on down at Wendover with my hw100 with a Hawke sport hd scope.Ive decided to take the plunge go for a Viper Connect. My question is which? Most of my shooting will be plinking in the back yard, a little messing on a bench at the range and eventually try HFT. So which one to go for 24mm or 32mm
    I would go for the 24mm, the field of view is amazing, i have one on my HW100 bullpup it is superb and out classes all the other scopes i have in the same price range.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    112

    MTC connect

    Quote Originally Posted by philc View Post
    Decided on the above to sit on my p10 bulpup always been impressed by the MTC range of scopes and this one doesn't change my mind
    in the slightest nice build quality and clear glass and the SCB ret is great for me and I took advantage of the offer of the free connecter mount
    that was sent from Hannah at MTC when I phoned and that's where it gets even better the service is second to none and having been in retail for 27 years I know what I'm talking about.
    Its easy to see that an airgunner has had an input in these scopes and indeed the mount as there's a place to put a torch and the rubber eye piece is a great addition along with the push button illuminated ret makes it ideal for dusk.
    Only one negative is the front flip up although I do like the intergrated flip up it's hard to open and could be problematic on cold morning's i'm hoping this will slacken off with use.
    I think the side focus could do with the small wheel addition that others in the MTC range have going to see if I can get one separately today.
    Overall as you can tell i'm a fan and the next gun I buy will have an MTC on top.

    Phil
    Find the Connect is hard to use if you wear glasses

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    2,600
    Absolutely superb scope for the money!!
    Got mine on my Daystate Renegade and it a match made in heaven!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Mids.
    Posts
    1,344
    I’ve got one on my Impact, love it.
    There’s a lug on the flip up cover, I’ve shaved just a little off it with a Stanley knife and it’s much easier to open.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hook or Whitby or Archidona
    Posts
    223
    Big thumbs up from me for the Connects, have two and tried a Mamba as an alternative, that went and now have three connects !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Oldham
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart1 View Post
    Find the Connect is hard to use if you wear glasses

    https://youtu.be/nY3ZRDK7Efg

    Try that.
    HW50 Stainless, HW77k SE Forest Laminate.20, HW80 Project .22, HW100 laminate . 177,

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Oldham
    Posts
    95

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Seaneverz View Post


    just realised how old this post is. oh well still try it
    HW50 Stainless, HW77k SE Forest Laminate.20, HW80 Project .22, HW100 laminate . 177,

  11. #11
    Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Allington, Salisbury, Wiltshire
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaneverz View Post
    just realised how old this post is. oh well still try it
    I would mate the wider field of view saves taking Binos into the field as well it gives a great wide angled vista.
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Uckfield
    Posts
    46
    Thanks I have just got one hope it works out for me

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Uckfield
    Posts
    46
    Love mine 32 feels better for letting light in and clearer picture in my opinion, the only thing thatís annoying about them is the mounts and lack of positioning on a pcp but if you can work a way around it then amazing bang for your buck

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    gateshead
    Posts
    16,885
    I love my mtcs

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pontypridd
    Posts
    218
    Yes they are good scopes and Iíve had quite a few. The only downsides are that the full reticle doesnít illuminate and the magnification only goes to 12x. For sub 12fpe though the magnification isnít an issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •