Thread: Problem with my Gamo Compact.

Problem with my Gamo Compact.

I bought a gamo compact in February 2020 and only had a chance to use it a couple of times before everything was shutdown. I was able to start shooting it it again a couple of weeks ago and at first it was fine then 3 weeks ago I pulled the trigger and its just went click. Tried a few more times and it went click every time. After a few attempts it went click and hissed air. Someone put some oil on the piston rod and it started working again. The following week it happened again, put maybe 20 shots through it fine, then click. Some more oil and it was fine.

Today, put around 20 rounds through it and click, hiss.

Each time you tried to dry fire it, it made the normal Pfft of air being released, but as soon as you put a pellet in it, click. When you cocked the pistol, you could not hear any air escaping, it was only after you pulled the trigger that you could hear air releasing.

When I got home I opened up the pistol grip and checked to see what was happening when I cocked the pistol. On the first attempt, click, but i couldnt see anything wrong. However, I just pushed on the sears and springs a little just to make sure they were all seated corrected, tried again and it worked.

What could be wrong? Oil on the piston shouldnt make the sears work and poking the sears shouldnt make a faulty seal work.

I own a HW40 SSP but have never had to work on it, so just guessing here......

Could it be that everything has just become a little "stuck" and a small amount of that oil that was fed in has got to the trigger / valving components, helping to temporarily free off?

It might be worth lightly lubing all those accessible areas too, use it and see?

And, hopefully, someone with first hand knowledge may come along..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

sticky gammo

i bought one "in need of repair" sounds almost the same issue , i cleaned and lubed the valve areas ,oiled axis pins and a little light moly grease on the trigger surfaces etc put a little pelgun oil inside valve body and worked the gun. if yours seems low on power you may need a pump seal ?

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    i bought one "in need of repair" sounds almost the same issue , i cleaned and lubed the valve areas ,oiled axis pins and a little light moly grease on the trigger surfaces etc put a little pelgun oil inside valve body and worked the gun. if yours seems low on power you may need a pump seal ?
    Anything showing on chrono? Looks like finger is pointing to pump seal breaking up or dry!
    Worth opening up and cleaning and a good lubrication all round.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.