Thread: Limit pistol

Limit pistol

Little value I know but I didn't have one so I picked this up from a market stall for half the £80 he wanted but probably still 4 times too much

https://imgur.com/gallery/sLC5I6s

Picture makes it look a little cleaner than it is, spring is much stronger than I expected compared to Diana type and probably not a good thing, trigger heavy too. I don't know if someone in the past put a stronger spring in, if even possible but screw heads do look like it's been apart.
    Never mind didn't want it for target shooting just wanted it to pair with the Diana's
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

17/6 pence in local bike shop in 1950.
    Cat slugs 6 pence per 100?
    Didn't hit much and usually no harm done when you did.
    Went back to the catapult, it put more meat on the table
    Happy days
    snarepeg.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    One of the biggest unsolved mysteries in vintage British airguns. Which company (presumably the same one) made the Limit and the identical, but for markings, Briton, Garanta and first Milbro Mod 2? Considering thousands of these must have been made over the years, we still have no real idea where they came from.

A few new clues have recently come to light, favouring a Birmingham utilities company, but more investigation is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    One of the biggest unsolved mysteries in vintage British airguns. Which company (presumably the same one) made the Limit and the identical, but for markings, Briton, Garanta and first Milbro Mod 2? Considering thousands of these must have been made over the years, we still have no real idea where they came from.

A few new clues have recently come to light, favouring a Birmingham utilities company, but more investigation is needed.

Just says "Made in England" on it which is nice to see and was half the appeal to buy it.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

I bought my 'Limit' for £20 about six months ago which, together with three other non-target air pistols, had been donated to my club by someone who had found them in a loft of a deceased relative and were subsequently sold off to club members.
    In the bottom of the old cardboard box it came in (not the original unfortunately) was a set of 12 - well used - darts in a small wooden holder someone had made for them many years before and ALSO a full box of 200 Lanes cat slugs all shiny and no sign of oxidation you normally get when lead pellets are stored in damp conditions for a prolonged period. Probably of some value to a pellet collector; the loft must have been quite dry. So I was quite pleased with my purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    I bought my 'Limit' for £20 about six months ago which, together with three other non-target air pistols, had been donated to my club by someone who had found them in a loft of a deceased relative and were subsequently sold off to club members.
    In the bottom of the old cardboard box it came in (not the original unfortunately) was a set of 12 - well used - darts in a small wooden holder someone had made for them many years before and ALSO a full box of 200 Lanes cat slugs all shiny and no sign of oxidation you normally get when lead pellets are stored in damp conditions for a prolonged period. Probably of some value to a pellet collector; the loft must have been quite dry. So I was quite pleased with my purchase!
    I would say you should get your money back in the value of the pellets alone.

Brian