Thread: A big massive thank you

A big massive thank you

Some of you might have seen my recent "help needed" thread for an Air rifle that I was trying to purchase. Long story short, the sale was some miles away and with me being back in work & working at weekends, making the drive down was unfortunately not an option. Exhausting all other options, the idea came up of making a thread asking members who lived relatively close by who could possibly collect and then post it to me

I also had a wanted ad for a Crosman pistol which I received a message from a forum member stating there was one for sale I noticed he was local to the area where I needed to pick up my air rifle I felt bit embarrassed at the thought of even having to ask the question. At first he was a bit wary & uncertain (as you can imagine) to if he could help as he didn’t even know me, to be honest I would have been the same

We had a good chat on the phone, he then told me he’s actually picking up a pistol from the same place where my rifle was waiting & would let me know if it was possible for him to collect my rifle. He came back to me letting me know it was no problem whatsoever, the
    air rifle was then picked up & posted to me the same day!

Going above and beyond!

I received the superbly packaged parcel this morning and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits

So here's a big massive thank you to forum member “Rair Rifles” you truly are a kind, generous person

I hope I can repay this kindness someway in future, and of course if anyone finds themselves in a similar position to what I was in, I'd be more than happy to help out if I can

Kind regards

Lee
    Last edited by Lee5159; 24-09-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Nice one Lee, we have an incredible network on here. It's not unusual for guns to change hands several times on their way to the eventual new owner.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Yep, as Dave says, generally the BBS is a caring, sharing community, packed full of super-helpful, selfless people.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Nice one Lee, we have an incredible network on here. It's not unusual for guns to change hands several times on their way to the eventual new owner.

Dave
    Cheers Dave,

Yes there’s some great members here

Just goes to show, a bit of networking with a great bunch of like minded airgun enthusiasts can help you get from a to b or in some cases a to g

I would add that Unframed Dave did exactly the same favour for me with a cased Crosman 150C pistol, which the seller would not post. Dave collected it and got it to me, so a huge thank you once again.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I've even had members volunteer out of the blue to pick up guns for me, when they've seen me enquiring if postage is an option for a gun miles from me, but local to them, and have couriered a few for other members too. A very helpful and supportive network on here
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I’ve benefited from the BBS and Boinger Bash ‘Courier’ network and technical assistance many times over the last several years and couriered a few times also... so to mention a few in ‘despatches’ and not in particular order....

Grateful thanks to Baldinio, New Paul, Shed Tuner, Unframed Dave, PCPshooter, Tony L, Les Allam, Gareth WB, Swelter, T20, U.K.Neil, Capital Bee, Thisisdonald, GTFreight, Peddy, MikeHW45, and I’m sure there’s a few more. Much appreciated Big G 🎶😎

Same here. I have given stuff away which members needed for a project and also in return i have had stuff given to me they no longer required. I cannot remember the members name but i bought a few spare bottles for my pax phoenix and he delivered them to me the next time he was in wales on holiday. We are all a great bunch on here who are like a brotherhood