Thread: PCP First purchase, new or second hand?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi Chaps,

I was wondering which would be the best way to enter the PCP shooting side of this hobby? I own over a dozen older style break barrel, side lever and under lever types but as I am not getting any younger a bolt action/side lever pre charge is starting to look very attractive!
    I would prefer a pistol grip stock on a rifle and a synthetic stock and have been looking at the Gamo packages out there for around £500.... is this the best way to start with a PCP? (pumping no problem as my bod still works OK thankfully). The rifle would be used at short ranges (25m or less possibly at rats etc).
    Is the second hand market a better bet?
    Also the Webley Nemesis X has had good reviews... but C02
    Whats your thoughts Guys? I am about to pull the trigger and it occurred to me that there is a lot of knowledge out there so I should ask.
    Thanks in advance.

Just thought I should ask what are the SMK PCP's like? The Artemis in .25....?

https://www.rangeandcountry.co.uk/gamo-gx40-6607-p.asp
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

S/H are too much generally now - the GX 40 as above is a great rifle, try finding a decent Ultra or Scorpion or AA200 for less than a new GX40
    I think the best budget buy (The GX400) - you can get spares and everything for them - can you for SMK yet - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34