• Feinwerkbau

4 25.00%
  • Walther

3 18.75%

Thread: Hammerli or Top class

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    Hi all, looking at the Hammerli match at £795.
    What do you gain by buying a £1350, Pardini, Walther, Steyr?
    Apart from shelling out £550. A lot of fold!!!
    Is the extra worth it for a novice?
    Thanks Errol
    Not looking at top line
    Middle bracket. LP2, K10
    It's only for fun. Not competition
    That makes the answer very easy, just buy what you fancy at the lowest price you can find.

Rutty

My LP500 will be advertised for sale later but I was in a similar position thinking AP20 or LP2

Glad I went LP500 as the grip adjustability alone is worth it…. Tilt, cant, rotation etc…

If you’re serious buy the best you can afford - you’ll only buy a few weeks down the line.

I have to say the Walther impresses me - my best so far is 569/600 - such a simple ambidextrous loading into a channel rather than faff of loading into a barrel… so much adjustment in the gorgeous trigger and being modular you can later swap triggers between mechanical or electronic.

Great bits of kit and for a fraction more than the new AP20 you can have a secondhand Lp500 competition with carbon fibre tube

So don’t rule out secondhand for more bang for your buck
    Last edited by Reevo17; 25-09-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Errol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reevo17 View Post
    My LP500 will be advertised for sale later but I was in a similar position thinking AP20 or LP2

Glad I went LP500 as the grip adjustability alone is worth it…. Tilt, cant, rotation etc…

If you’re serious buy the best you can afford - you’ll only buy a few weeks down the line.

I have to say the Walther impresses me - my best so far is 569/600 - such a simple ambidextrous loading into a channel rather than faff of loading into a barrel… so much adjustment in the gorgeous trigger and being modular you can later swap triggers between mechanical or electronic.

Great bits of kit and for a fraction more than the new AP20 you can have a secondhand Lp500 competition with carbon fibre tube

So don’t rule out secondhand for more bang for your buck
    I am lost!!
    You bought an LP500 which is great, but you may sell it.
    Price?????

Errol Guest
    Are you saying £800 will buy it?

First refusal

Errol Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    I am lost!!
    You bought an LP500 which is great, but you may sell it.
    Price?????
    I need to free up some funds to buy an fwb 103 and left handed Diana 75 - I may never get another opportunity to buy either again…. As walther is still current so can buy anytime

Hammerli aftersales and parts availability are terrible. At least here. Waiting YEARS for simple things like springs...
    Not all Hammerlis are real Hammerlis either. The matchguns maybe are, but the regular stuff isnt.
    Extras you may get for Steyr money are better trigger, better grip ergonomics (3D adjustability), less recoil, better finish and part quality, faster locktime, maybe more accurate, more sight adjustability more accessoiries, etc...
    Things like grip adjustability are really good features.
    Most important is to find something that suits YOU. Regarding, weight and balance.
    The best pistol is the one YOU can hold still the best.
    I voted Steyr. Not because everyone shoots Steyr cause thats irrelevant. But because I can hold Steyr still the best.
    Dont have a Steyr though. Have a Morini 162E and Tau 7.
    ATB,
    yana

I voted Walther as I might sell mine!

Seriously speaking I couldn't split Walther or Steyr and you'd have to try both to see which works best for you. They shoot as well as each other and whilst my Evo10 e and LP400 are quite different to shoot they produce the same scores for me time and time again.

Walther was a concern for me years ago, but there's a service team in the East Midlands that service they and stock the parts and accessories. I'm not sure if they were there 7 years ago or not. Steyr (UK) is basically a family business but parts are widely available and service videos online to do the work yourself if you're so inclined.

I'll be honest I've only shot a Pardini a few times, FWB a fair bit more butt but I couldn't vote for them. Shot a hammerli once and politely handed it back to the owner. Maybe I've been spoilt.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

I've voted Steyr, had my LP10 for 20 years, look for 2nd hand if new price is too high, you won't regret it. No experience of Walther or others I'm afraid but Steyr has never had any issues.