1 6.25%
  • Feinwerkbau

4 25.00%
  • Walther

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammerli or Top class

I voted Walther as I might sell mine!

Seriously speaking I couldn't split Walther or Steyr and you'd have to try both to see which works best for you. They shoot as well as each other and whilst my Evo10 e and LP400 are quite different to shoot they produce the same scores for me time and time again.

Walther was a concern for me years ago, but there's a service team in the East Midlands that service they and stock the parts and accessories. I'm not sure if they were there 7 years ago or not. Steyr (UK) is basically a family business but parts are widely available and service videos online to do the work yourself if you're so inclined.

I'll be honest I've only shot a Pardini a few times, FWB a fair bit more butt but I couldn't vote for them. Shot a hammerli once and politely handed it back to the owner. Maybe I've been spoilt.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

I've voted Steyr, had my LP10 for 20 years, look for 2nd hand if new price is too high, you won't regret it. No experience of Walther or others I'm afraid but Steyr has never had any issues.

Errol Guest
    Thanks for the offers of secondhand guns. To send £1000 to a stranger, plus the postage risk. Is a step to far for me.
    Thanks Errol

Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    ....To send £1000 to a stranger, plus the postage risk. Is a step to far for me.
    Thanks Errol
    Hi Errol,

I understand your concerns, but I have bought from people that I don't really know quite a few times via the Airgun BBS sales and have found it to be a good safe place to buy from.

There is always "the first time" I suppose, but I have found the BBS community generally to be fair and honest people and I have enjoyed buying various rifles and pistols from them over the years.

Your best bet is still to "try before you buy" and then "buy locally" so you know that what you are buying suites you, and you won't have to worry about the "risks" of buying from people that you don't know.

I hope you are a bit closer to finding something that you like and that you have been able to try some different types of pistol.

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-10-2021 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spellin mistoks
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.