Thread: Daystate parts compatability

Daystate parts compatability

The answer to this is most likely a resounding 'NO' but there is no harm in asking.
    The question concerns the old Huntsman rifles (MKI and II) and me just wondering if the older hammers could in any way be replaced by the newer Harper sling shot hammers as used on later rifles.
    As I said, my guess is that they cannot be used.
    Cheers, Phil, always asking daft questions ..

No such things as a daft question!
    I couldn't say for sure ,but I very much doubt it, without some form of major surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    No such things as a daft question!
    I couldn't say for sure ,but I very much doubt it, without some form of major surgery.
    Thanks for the reply. While I agree that there is no such thing as a daft question, the lack of responses leads me to conclude that it was indeed a 'daft' question and that I should have known better. The fact that I have never heard of such an operation and your comment leads me to conclude that it is indeed not possible without, as you put it, major surgery, and that would defeat the whole point of the question. Not that I am / was thinking about trying it; just curious.

So another ponder bites the dust ... such is life and the learning process.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Thanks for the reply. While I agree that there is no such thing as a daft question, the lack of responses leads me to conclude that it was indeed a 'daft' question and that I should have known better. The fact that I have never heard of such an operation and your comment leads me to conclude that it is indeed not possible without, as you put it, major surgery, and that would defeat the whole point of the question. Not that I am / was thinking about trying it; just curious.

So another ponder bites the dust ... such is life and the learning process.
    Cheers, Phil
    Not a daft question at all Phil, it is likely that no one actually knows
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Just a thought, you might get the definitive answer if you posted this question on the Daystate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley_Steve View Post
    Just a thought, you might get the definitive answer if you posted this question on the Daystate forum.
    You could be right ... but my experience is that the BBS can often give more rapid and numerous answers to questions, even Daystate ones. This is not to say I do not appreciate the Daystate Forum (I am a member) as I have on occasion had very good advice from there and have contributed answers at times ... just that it can happen that the BBS attracts a larger audience.
    I will, however, just try it to see the level of response.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    You could be right ... but my experience is that the BBS can often give more rapid and numerous answers to questions, even Daystate ones. This is not to say I do not appreciate the Daystate Forum (I am a member) as I have on occasion had very good advice from there and have contributed answers at times ... just that it can happen that the BBS attracts a larger audience.
    I will, however, just try it to see the level of response.
    Cheers, Phil
    good luck with that daysate owners forum I joined a few years back to ask advise about a couple of vintage midas huntsmens I had also a harrier I got the impression that if it wasn't a mk4 or air ranger nothing else counted I have always had a soft spot for the older daystate guns when guns were made for the user and to be used not looked at and rubbed