Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memories of Supermick?

I remember him well. As others have said a very well-respected chap, as a mod he used his authority wisely, which can't always have been easy given some of the very strong characters who were around at the time - Sid, Linegeist and others. I never met him, but his contributions were always worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    We met only once, he was buying a Daystate Harrier SE from me, he invited me round to his caravan at the Midland game fair.
    I remember that he had a penchant for Crosman Ratcatchers with long barrels, which he used to effect. Would have liked to have spent more time in his company.
    Verrrrry long barrels and his Super10. Knew Mick well from the early days of UKAHFT - always had a brew or beer on in his caravan.
    I'm back on here after a work enforced 11 year hiatus - still a few of the old faces on here that I've met over the years on the circuit like JB and Craig-P (still got that Martini you had from my club mate ?) - oh and I see Retracted_Yeti is still here too

@Steven_Hunt - just seen I still have the PM in my inbox from your mum following your dad's funeral
    Last edited by stevew71; 01-10-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    I'm telling you it moved!

Steve I never met your dad but did speak to him by PM on here. Lovely chap, very fair-minded mod.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew71 View Post
    Verrrrry long barrels and his Super10. Knew Mick well from the early days of UKAHFT - always had a brew or beer on in his caravan.
    I'm back on here after a work enforced 11 year hiatus - still a few of the old faces on here that I've met over the years on the circuit like JB and Craig-P (still got that Martini you had from my club mate ?) - oh and I see Retracted_Yeti is still here too

@Steven_Hunt - just seen I still have the PM in my inbox from your mum following your dad's funeral
    Hello mate! Been a while - great to see you back on here.
    I only recently moved on my last Martini (a Venom Arms conversion) after getting back into HFT. They’ve always been a favourite rifle of mine.
    Keep well pal.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

I met Supermick at the so called Welsh weekend held at Parc le Breos on the Gower Peninsula must have been around 2005?
    Was a great fun weekend of plinking and one of the first HFT shoots it was run by by Pete Sparkes (Sparky) other BBS members of the time like BSF Nut and Will G of Welsh Willy tuning.
    Yep Mick liked his ratties and put them to good effect.
    Happy memories
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Wow there's some memories Mick ,Baz and Pete . Used to take Pete to my ratting shoot occasionally great times and great memories I never got into tin chickens 😉👍

Supermick and the other mods certainly must have had 'fun' moderating the Non Airgun Related section of this forum back in the day. It used to have hundreds of us online in that section from midnight until well into the early hours, every single night of the week. And weekends, well, they were just a free for all! 😯🤣😎🍾🥂🍻🍷😘
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hunt View Post
    Hi all,

First time post but my dad (Mick Hunt, aka Supermick) used to spend many hours on this forum in the 2000s. I'm wondering if there's any users on the site still from his time on here - he passed away in 2007 so I can only hope there are some people still using the forum.

I'd really love to see any photos or videos that anyone might have?

He often met up with Derek, Baz, Terry, and Pete at fairs and was involved with Lea Valley Airgun Club. Back when people could shoot stright...

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can share!

Steve

Hi Steve
    I mooned your Dad once. We passed a caravan on the way back from Quarry in Wales, and thought we were passing another member (Lee G RIP). As we passed we saw your dads face looking over in shock.

He has just hosted my wife for a cup of tea in his caravan on a bitterly cold and wet day and probably thought "ungrateful ***** "

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    Supermick and the other mods certainly must have had 'fun' moderating the Non Airgun Related section of this forum back in the day. It used to have hundreds of us online in that section from midnight until well into the early hours, every single night of the week. And weekends, well, they were just a free for all! 😯🤣😎🍾🥂🍻🍷😘
    Those were the days.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevew71 View Post
    oh and I see Retracted_Yeti is still here too
    Alright lad!

Long, long, long time no see mate!

Welcome back fella.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    And weekends, well, they were just a free for all! 😯🤣😎🍾🥂🍻🍷😘
    The roughest pub in town.

I hope you're well, Elaine. And Regsmonster, my absolute favourite safe-blower

Quote Originally Posted by Fenman View Post
    The roughest pub in town.

I hope you're well, Elaine. And Regsmonster, my absolute favourite safe-blower
    It certainly was at times. 😱

We're both great, thanks. Hope you are too? I'll pass your comments onto Reg. He is on Facebook if you have an account on there. 🙂
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    I've been registered on here forever, and used to post a lot. I remember your Dad's posts, sorry to hear he's gone
    Mark