Thread: Memories of Supermick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Memories of Supermick?

Hi all,

First time post but my dad (Mick Hunt, aka Supermick) used to spend many hours on this forum in the 2000s. I'm wondering if there's any users on the site still from his time on here - he passed away in 2007 so I can only hope there are some people still using the forum.

I'd really love to see any photos or videos that anyone might have?

He often met up with Derek, Baz, Terry, and Pete at fairs and was involved with Lea Valley Airgun Club. Back when people could shoot stright...

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can share!

Steve

Hi Steve, your dear dad was obviously a much loved member and valued contributor on the BBS. Before my time on here, I'm afraid. But I'm sure many people who have been on here for longer than I and who shared many happy memories will be along.

All the best.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Well respected and oft remembered. Met and chatted numerous times at LV and other meet-ups... seemed to spend far more time talking that actually shooting
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Yep I remember Mick, there was lots of characters back then and a lot of excellent banter and some online fisty cuffs, I can't believe it was that long ago.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Spent a lot of time with Mick at various game fairs and shoots. A lovely, considerate bloke (he once bought over some refreshments for me as I worked at a stall and hadn’t had a minute to get away) who was very respected and greatly appreciated.
    Very best, Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

well before my time but seems a lovely well respected chap

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Hunt View Post
    Hi all,

First time post but my dad (Mick Hunt, aka Supermick) used to spend many hours on this forum in the 2000s. I'm wondering if there's any users on the site still from his time on here - he passed away in 2007 so I can only hope there are some people still using the forum.

I'd really love to see any photos or videos that anyone might have?

He often met up with Derek, Baz, Terry, and Pete at fairs and was involved with Lea Valley Airgun Club. Back when people could shoot stright...

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can share!

Steve

Hi Steve
    I mooned your Dad once. We passed a caravan on the way back from Quarry in Wales, and thought we were passing another member (Lee G RIP). As we passed we saw your dads face looking over in shock.

He has just hosted my wife for a cup of tea in his caravan on a bitterly cold and wet day and probably thought "ungrateful ***** "