Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
Long time mate

I think the point of the anti bounce mechanism is to slow down the acceleration at the point the piston changes direction, giving more time for the peak air pressure to flow purposefully... but if more of the % of the piston weight is inertia, all that will happen is the piston stalls earlier in the stroke, then is held a fraction longer by the arriving weight before reversing... But in that scenario maybe if would have been better to just have the weight added as static and the piston would stall later in the first place ?
Yeah - it has been a while! I also can't make this Bash as it is my wife's birthday on Sunday.

I'd like to know from Nick what sort of weights are achieveable for both the piston and the sliding mass, and how they compare to the mass of his 'standard' 21mm piston. It still seems to me like you would need to be approaching double the overall weight, assuming the main piston is a similar weight, but that is just gut feeling, no actual basis at all.

I think it is the same argument for both parachute seals or for sliding weights - we can potentially increase the time that the pressure is applied, but always at the expense of a lower peak pressure.

Definitely watching Nick's results with interest!