Thread: Samyang Sumatra help please.

Samyang Sumatra help please.

Hello I am asking for help with some bits for the above. .22 magazines and pellets, snag is I have found some stockests in USA and other places but they will not supply to the UK. Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Although the rifles continue to be advertised for sale then it turns out there is no stock, problem seems to be that there is no dealer in the UK.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Are you just looking to buy a .22 mag ? The rotary one ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hello Shed Tuner yesI was after buying 4 or 5 magazines, I have 2 but they are made of 90% plastic/ 10% metal. I think the original ones are wholey metal. 6 shot ones.
    The pellets seem to work much better than anything else. Quote from manual Samyang (Eunjin) factory hunting dome pellets.
    Hopefully I will not need very much beyond 'O' rings although I have heard that the 'power wheel' bits are fragile.
    Thank you for your interest, it is most appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Sumatra magazines

Hi Geoff. C & G guns of St. Leonards. Hastings are the official importer. They are listed on the web. The .22 factory mags are plastic front & metal backs. .25 are all metal. Mickey

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i thought the original mags where those composite translucent plastic with metal base types... i guess so you can see if empty. Never seen a solid metal one.

Ref pellets, you should be able to get decent results with all sorts.. JSBs, bisMags, etc..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hi - from memory when i bought my Sumatra it was supplied with one clear plastic magand one metal mag - both worked without fault using Air Arms .22 field, however A/C guns in Hastings were the importer but I don't think
    deal in them any longer although I may be wrong - Give them a call and ask to speak with Ray who I found to be a top man to deal with.
    PELLETS: I have moved to the Isla of Lewis recently, however when I lived in Rugby Warwick Dive and Regulator Services had a stock of the pellets you are looking for.
    Try https://www.divingcrs.co.uk/ or call 07977 410 748 as the owner was very much into Career rifles - it's been a long time (since lock down started) since I have been there so don't know if he still has stock.
    Hope this helps - all he best - Nige.

Thank you very much, the pictures of the all metal mags were from USA and were listed as .22. I did contact a certain dealer that had the rifles listed on there site but no stock, I did contact them as to why they were listed as having stock and the reply was " there are no dealers/suppliers in the UK" .
    I will follow up all leads, many thanks again. BBS 11/10. You are great chaps.
    Cheers and Merry Christmas to all.

UPDATE.
    Thanks to you AC guns have come up with the mags and a service kit. They explained that because of the dollar rate then inporting the guns would make them prohibitivly expensive. They can do service kits and small bits and pieces. Very nice chap to speak to.
    Thank you.
    C&G guns have a stock of the real thing, interesting to look at.
    The divingcrs chaps were ok but no longer have any stock.
    Cheers all.
    Geoff.

I have two sumatras. I have 12 mags which came with the guns. They do come with a metal mag from new. Predator do the hammer springs, firing valve and O ring kits.

Hello WILBA thank you, could you kindly supply a link to Predator please, I did try a search but as usual it failed, not very good at it.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello WILBA thank you, could you kindly supply a link to Predator please, I did try a search but as usual it failed, not very good at it.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.
    Geoff i will email you the site address. Chris

Thank you Chris spot on. All the best.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.