Thread: Impact help

Impact help

I have just bought a used impact mk2 and I’m having some issues it’s grouping very inconsistently every few shots I’m getting pellets move up to an inch off the poi

I thought it could be the mag as the centre disk is a little lose but I tried some one else’s and that was similar. It also seems to shoot in a string so pellets going in a line If that makes sense

I used and tried every pellet I could find yesterday and nothing helped the issue, could constantly swapping pellets be a problem?

What about cleaning the barrel should I try this ? Iv seen a lot say never clean an stx impact barrel that isn’t brand new

Currently I have a 1200.0 cricket bar

Hi. As it's used check the liner is nipped up. Breech washer would also be good to check. Ideally you want to chrono it. They come with a 3 year warranty, so if you contact the sportsman, they may look at it for you.
    As for cleaning the barrel. I've cleaned mine..just with cotton patches and some 007. The barrel O rings also need to be present. People tend to lose and not replace them. The new carbon fibre liner replaces them and stiffened the barrel further.
    Last edited by R0B; 18-09-2021 at 02:30 PM.

good advice from above ,ive had 2 had no issues with them using air arm fields in them

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    Hi. As it's used check the liner is nipped up. Breech washer would also be good to check. Ideally you want to chrono it. They come with a 3 year warranty, so if you contact the sportsman, they may look at it for you.
    As for cleaning the barrel. I've cleaned mine..just with cotton patches and some 007. The barrel O rings also need to be present. People tend to lose and not replace them. The new carbon fibre liner replaces them and stiffened the barrel further.
    The bloke previous to me did something relating to removing the anti tamper, the gun was performing ok until about a week ago. Could I pay sportsman to look at the gun as the above has likely voided the warranty

Certainly speak to them. There are other places you can send it, but I'd see what they say first. The only accessable anti tamper is normally only on the reg, a little black plastic pip. If it just suddenly went off the boil, breech seal or maybe a reg problem....visually check the reg guage returns to the same spot and you can hear it fill. Also the hammer bumper can fail and cause inconsistancy.

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    Certainly speak to them. There are other places you can send it, but I'd see what they say first. The only accessable anti tamper is normally only on the reg, a little black plastic pip. If it just suddenly went off the boil, breech seal or maybe a reg problem....visually check the reg guage returns to the same spot and you can hear it fill. Also the hammer bumper can fail and cause inconsistancy.
    It shot fantastic today for 300ish shots one hole group at 42 yards then all of a sudden went awful brought back to 30 yards and even that didn’t help, it is so inconsistent and frustrating

My .177 needs the barrel cleaned (pull through, couple of patches) every 1/2 tin of pellets or it turns a bit crap.

My .22 is way less fussy
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Might be the bumper then......that causes inconsistancy....

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/f...mk2-questions/

Quote Originally Posted by Robwigan View Post
    I have just bought a used impact mk2 and I’m having some issues it’s grouping very inconsistently every few shots I’m getting pellets move up to an inch off the poi

I thought it could be the mag as the centre disk is a little lose but I tried some one else’s and that was similar. It also seems to shoot in a string so pellets going in a line If that makes sense

I used and tried every pellet I could find yesterday and nothing helped the issue, could constantly swapping pellets be a problem?

What about cleaning the barrel should I try this ? Iv seen a lot say never clean an stx impact barrel that isn’t brand new

Currently I have a 1200.0 cricket bar
    Give us more info chum

Deffo constantly swapping pellets will not help

Your poi will shift up to an inch , but at what range ? Indoors or out doors ?....... wind ??

is the stringing vertical or horizontal ?

what does the chrony say when it's shooting ok ? is it different when it goes off ?

Hard to understand why a barrel should not be cleaned

First job, get yourself a C3 delrin bumper fitted.
    My Impact ate the stock one and behaved like yours.
    Never had a problem after that.

Reg creep

Hi they can have reg creep put on a crono and see if its spiking it will shoot up when poi shifts. I mK11 177 mine used to do it on the first shoot so used fire a couple of pellets off to settle it you may find you will have to balance the reg with the hammer spring to get it to settle and it don't always work and reg needs stripping loads of info on you tube.

just an update iv cleaned the barrel and it didn't make it worse but it also didn't improve in any way. It consistently is inconsistent and definitely isn't shooting as it should!