Thread: Sociable shooting club wanted around Henley on Thames....

Sociable shooting club wanted around Henley on Thames....

Hi folks,

I'm not sure I'm in the right part of the forum but thought I would give this a go!

I want to get back into shooting and join a club close to where I live (Henley); generally some plinking and hopefully getting more into the different disciplines with a bit of practice and experience. I have a FAC .22 air rifle (about 20 ft lbs), a .22 LR and hopefully the club may do the odd outing to Bisley to use my 22-250.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers in advance, Jez

My club in Marlow should be suitable. While it is my 'primary' club, the vast majority of my shooting is done at Bisley but the Marlow club does run Bisley shoots too. PM me if you want more info.

https://www.marlowrifle.com/

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    There are 6 different clubs sharing an indoor range on different days in Crowthorne. Is that too far for you to travel?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    My club in Marlow should be suitable. While it is my 'primary' club, the vast majority of my shooting is done at Bisley but the Marlow club does run Bisley shoots too. PM me if you want more info.

https://www.marlowrifle.com/
    Well done Big Duncs, that's what this forum is about !! helping people
    with useful advice, that's what I am on these forums for!!
    atb brian

I shoot at Marlow.
    Nice clean modern up to date facilities whether you want Precision, LWSR, Black Powder or Full Bore section at Bisley.
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    There are 6 different clubs sharing an indoor range on different days in Crowthorne. Is that too far for you to travel?
    Turnup could you possibly PM me details as I live in Bracknell, I am a member of BFTO but sometimes a trip closer to home would be a nice change

Many thanks

Paul

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    wow, they never had any clubs when I grew up there. Closest was Reading... Reading had a big open shoot in the late 80s I went to with my Dad and a couple of mates... loads of people with springers. The 77 had just come come out, as my mate had one, but most people had airsporters, FWBs, 35s, originals, meteors. Everything was .22 !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    wow, they never had any clubs when I grew up there. Closest was Reading... Reading had a big open shoot in the late 80s I went to with my Dad and a couple of mates... loads of people with springers. The 77 had just come come out, as my mate had one, but most people had airsporters, FWBs, 35s, originals, meteors. Everything was .22 !
    I started a shooting club in 1981 using the Pinewood range and the range had been open for a number of years before that so it certainly predates the 80s - or were you thinking of air only clubs?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I started a shooting club in 1981 using the Pinewood range and the range had been open for a number of years before that so it certainly predates the 80s - or were you thinking of air only clubs?
    yeah, air... like FT clubs.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.