Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW35 leather piston seal

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Guns View Post
    Hi Dave,

Thank you so much.

Sorry for not getting back to you. I have come down with man flu, at least I hope that is what it is. Had to go for a covid test today.

I would trust your ability to make a suitable seal over mine! I would be happy to pay or if you would rather I’ll make a donation to a charity of your choice if that is ok? I am in no rush.

Once again thank you very much.

All the best

Neil
    No worries mate, will be in touch soon.

Cheers,
    Dave
    blah blah

Still looking

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Still looking
    Silca No.741 leather pump gasket?

I'm not familiar with the HW models as I avoid them as much as possible but I think that is the type my mate used to use before he passed away

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Hi Neil,

Sorry for delay, and also because I do not have a seal in that size...I can make you one to 30mm though if you give me a few days to sort it out - I wet cast them into moulds and it can take a few days for them to dry out naturally...no charge.

Or you can get a 1 1/4" leather cup washer/pump seal for a few quid off the bay that should fit ok with a little persuasion - item No. 324686903414 for instance (two for £7.25 inc delivery)

HTH,
    Dave

p.s. if you want to have a go at making your own I can let you have some veg tanned leather in a few different thicknesses, ideal for the purpose...
    What a fantastic offer, in true, selfless, friendly BBS spirit. Nice one, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Guns View Post
    Hi Dave,

Thank you so much.

Sorry for not getting back to you. I have come down with man flu, at least I hope that is what it is. Had to go for a covid test today.

I would trust your ability to make a suitable seal over mine! I would be happy to pay or if you would rather I’ll make a donation to a charity of your choice if that is ok? I am in no rush.

Once again thank you very much.

All the best

Neil

Hi Neil, pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Still looking

Hi deejayuu,

Sorry, missed your msg and still not sure if you need a 30mm leather seal?...can make you one if you wish?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What a fantastic offer, in true, selfless, friendly BBS spirit. Nice one, Dave.
    Thanks Tony
    blah blah