Thread: loading a new .22 hw45.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Have you tried cocking across your thigh?
    Greatly helps with my various Wobbleys. Had some strength issues following illness few years back, adopted this method, used it ever since.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I'll take it that you bought it secondhand as if you were to buy new you'd would of tried it in shop ? It sounds like this pistol is not for you, not every pistol is, so sell it and look for another pistol. A co2 pistol could be what you might find ideal.

Over the thigh for me, same as Tempest/Hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Over the thigh for me, same as Tempest/Hurricane.
    ^ This. Can be used either in sitting or standing positions. As I said above, adopted this for my spring pistols when I lost strength in my arms.

You will also find it becomes easier as the pistol eases with use - think of it as 'running in' as we used to do with cars.
    I saw an earlier post from you saying you were mainly used to PCP's - springers are a different animal entirely. But worth the effort, & very rewarding when you get it right.

Bru
    Last edited by laverdabru; 09-10-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.