Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: loading a new .22 hw45.

I hold the pistol in my right hand by the grip with the muzzle pointing down.
    Pop it open then twist my left hand around and place my palm in the gap. Then push outwards and down.
    Find this easier than trying to pull it open

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    Pop it open then twist my left hand around and place my palm in the gap. Then push outwards and down.
    This
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

it's not as bad as initially thought, looking forward to getting a few pellets through it. may i add on full power !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Over the thigh for me, same as Tempest/Hurricane.
    Quote Originally Posted by tapps View Post
    it's not as bad as initially thought, looking forward to getting a few pellets through it. may i add on full power !!!!
    As p.j. And you'll find going to full power far easier than expected once that initial technique feels natural.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes, and, once opened and prior to cocking, I always load the pellet. If they're looser fitting pellets, be sure to keep the muzzle pointing down so that the pellet doesn't fall out. Really wouldn't fancy loading a pellet into a cocked and open action.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Have you tried cocking across your thigh?
    This position gives you safer control also as well as a better leverage. Give it a try buddy. Can i ask how old and big you are? as i am 59 coming up and 11st soaking wet and i find my 45 easy to cock.

This is the way to cock them exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes, and, once opened and prior to cocking, I always load the pellet. If they're looser fitting pellets, be sure to keep the muzzle pointing down so that the pellet doesn't fall out. Really wouldn't fancy loading a pellet into a cocked and open action.
    I load this way with my silverstar. Even though my eyesight is not good for open sights i was suprised how good i grouped at 10yards with mine. Really are excellent quality pistols.

When I was a wee guy. I used to cock my webley across my stomach.. all well and good till it pinches you OUCH!
    It's worth practising your cocking technique , and developing it in a way that doesnt introduce sideways leverage... hence the reason webleys turn into wobblys 😁
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    When I was a wee guy. I used to cock my webley across my stomach.. all well and good till it pinches you OUCH!
    It's worth practising your cocking technique , and developing it in a way that doesnt introduce sideways leverage... hence the reason webleys turn into wobblys 😁
    The hw45 linkage is a lot more sturdy than the wobblys.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    The hw45 linkage is a lot more sturdy than the wobblys.
    I've only had one hw45... I wasnt a fan.. I grew up with webleys so I guess it was a bit of favouritism.
    One thing about the hw45 I didnt like was the rattly, scrapy, noises it made. But this can easily be solved with a sheet of 0.5mm ptfe. I made washers to fit everywhere it seemed to make noise and I sleeved the piston as well. What a difference! Made the pistol much more solid feeling and smoother to cock and shoot.
    Donald

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.