Thread: Mounts for Sidewinder 6-24 x 56 on Daystate Revere

Mounts for Sidewinder 6-24 x 56 on Daystate Revere

I have just purchased a used Hawke Sidewinder for my Revere, can anyone recommend a set of mounts which will clear the mag. It’s a30mm with 56mm objective.

Thank you

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    You will typically need high mounts to clear the mag and 56mm objective. Mounts do vary in size a fair bit, but your better a mm high than a mm low as the newer mags are also slightly higher than the old ones.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thank you, the mag is a bit high on the revere, I think I am going to have to wait until Monday when the scope should arrive, then I can position and have a measure. Most of the high mounts seem to only be 22 ish mm above the rifle.

I’m hoping that a standard high mount is enough, don’t want to push the scope up too high

Simple maths,
    to know if it will clear the mag surely all you need is a ruler to measure the height of it when fitted & the spec of the mounts

Scope 56mm objective + rim thickness will be at least 62mm(ish) on a 30mm tube, so the bell will be a min of 16mm below the saddle of the mount.

Hawke high mounts are 17mm, sportsmatch high are 21mm, Hawke tac extra high are 23mm, BKL high are 25mm.

I've no idea of the clearance from the barrel to the dovetail on the rifle.

Yes I get that but the magazine sticks up and the body of the scope is not flat - I was hoping someone had this combination and could advise but it’s ok, I will wait until the scope arrives and try it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville 68 View Post
    Yes I get that but the magazine sticks up and the body of the scope is not flat - I was hoping someone had this combination and could advise but it’s ok, I will wait until the scope arrives and try it in place.
    The position of the scopes saddle will vary from person to person depending to their head position & eye relief, and with the same person it will vary from stock to stock, so just because joe blogs uses something, does not mean it will fit you or me.

Lightbulb

In my humble opinion get adjustable high mounts for the Revere, will not matter then if you use daystates new mag or a 3D version, even if the scope saddle is over the mag you will get clearance.