Thread: Newbie after help wrt 10m air rifle

Newbie after help wrt 10m air rifle

Hi folks

Got started with a local club, shooting air rifles this year.

A fun internal competition means we'll be having a go with a lot of different things, and style. So I got handed one of the rifles aimed at being an intro for new juniors as a first experience.

So, a Gamo break barrel, fibre optic sights, 10m standing, unsupported!! Nothing like I have been doing for the first 6 months. Loads of fun.

Anybody else find that doing something completely different is even more fun than shooting your usual rifle / pistol?

Hi, I have 6 rifles and 2 pistols for 10m. All of them are for different reasons even though half are for FT. Springer, vintage, contemporary classic. A very old BSA Mercury Challenger for some nostalgia for my first air rifle. Another springer for HFT and LSR and finally the Anschutz 2002 SSP for 10m fun shooting. By fun I mean non competitive target shooting at home. Shooting with the open peep sights is totally different to FT but I really enjoy it.
    Pistol is also my main competition discipline so that again is completely different.

Although they are all different the marksmanship principles apply to all equally; fun or not!

Hope you enjoy your new hobby!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500