Thread: hw45

hw45

i pick up a new hw45 tomorrow morning, would you use it straight out of box, or would you use a napier pull through to clean the barrel, prior to use.

Straight out of the box for me.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

If it's brand new I'd pull it through. I had a 45 from new when they first came out and it dieseled for ages. I also got a Silver star when they came out and that did too. Don't have either at the mo but would love a mint standard one to take me back to my teenage years!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    If it's brand new I'd pull it through. I had a 45 from new when they first came out and it dieseled for ages. I also got a Silver star when they came out and that did too. Don't have either at the mo but would love a mint standard one to take me back to my teenage years!
    You can have a go with mine next time we're down the club

Cheers; scratch that itch!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

HW45/pull though.

i'm glad i decided to put a PULL TROUGH on my new. 22 hw45 barrel, there was a bit of brown colour on the pull through patches. i wasn't going to bother.

Shot Robets 45 down the club today; what a joy to shoot. Nothing at like my other pistols (obviously) but great none the less. Thanks!