Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawke Customer Service - Very Good

Hawke Customer Service - Very Good

Hawke
    I had a very positive experience -

Sent an old (cheap sport range) scope for service, as they could not do it (well uneconomical I'd think) offered a replacement scope at significantly discounted price.
    I was not original owner of the scope I sent in for repair / service , but do own several Hawke scopes (from new)

I thought this was really good service, more than fair.

I don't know if Hawke were Deben years back, but Deben were always great for customer service too.

I remember some dodgy early cheap Hawke scopes that changed poi if you touched anything, but for a long time now they have been really solid decent scopes punching generally above their price range.
    For the money I think the Vantage are terrific especially.

I'm looking forward to receiving my new discounted purchase.

Speedy straight forward communications too - cor a British Company too - hurray !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Hawke CS Kudos

Ditto on Hawke CS. I have had OUTSTANDING CS from Hawke on several occasions. Great bunch of folks that seem to care about customers.

Hawke service has always been excellent.
    spoke too soon

Looks like I'm about to test it again, the illuminated dot on my old Eclipse 30 3-9x42 has failed but there's a bright red glow from about 5 o-clock on the reticle edge .
    hope they can fix it as a super Jap glass scope.
    Last edited by angrybear; 25-10-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Boo hoo ,
    Sadly they can't fix it, and have offered 50% off a new scope of comparable spec,
    Problem is nothing in the current range matches the size/ret/mag.

To clarify; they expect me to pay the other half, £200+ to get the same quality, for something that doesn't suit what I need.
    Last edited by angrybear; 25-10-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Oh well it looks like they'll be returning a broken scope to me.

Very disappointing compared to two previous claims, both some years back, when the scopes were simply replaced without quibble, by return post.

A different Customer Services rep this week & it seems their published "Lifetime Warranty" isn't "Lifetime" at all it's 10 years & even then only applies if you still have the receipt.
    my scope is being returned as they are unable to repair it.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Oh well it looks like they'll be returning a broken scope to me.

Very disappointing compared to two previous claims, both some years back, when the scopes were simply replaced without quibble, by return post.
    that's an old dscope though ? I'd seriously doubt they have any spare, or any parts..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

A different Customer Services rep this week & it seems their published "Lifetime Warranty" isn't "Lifetime" at all it's 10 years & even then only applies if you still have the receipt.
    And I think it only applies to the first owner, had a good read of the small print when I bought a new Hawke a couple of years back.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I had a nite eye which wouldn't zero. They took it in, told me it was screwed and offered the 50% off a new scope. Bit like angry bear, nothing came close to the range of zoom I had (in specs), unless I paid about £200 odd (or £100 after discount)
    I settled for a 4-12x40/42? vantage at half price (think I paid £45) and to be fair it's a much better scope than the nite eye was. So I've been left happy in the end.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Shed Tuner,
    Yes it is an old scope, but at the time I bought it it was their second top of the range,
    Top was the Frontier SF range - designed & manufactured in Japan,
    Second the Endurance 30 IR range - Japanese engineered optics,
    Third the Sidewinder 30 IR range.

Laverdabru,
    In this case I have owned it from new.

On top of which the 50% discount (off RRP) they offered "as a token of good will" probably only takes the price down to what they sell them at Wholesale,
    so I doubt they even loose money on that.
    Last edited by angrybear; 25-10-2021 at 11:01 PM.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    From Hawke's UK website...

The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product. Occasionally we may replace your product with an equivalent of equal or better physical condition. Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018. Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only. Please retain your purchase receipt or you can register your purchase here.

The way I read that is the newer stuff has a lifetime warranty and maybe it's the pre-2018 stuff that has a 10 year warranty (which I believe was an EU directive).
    Last edited by harvey_s; 26-10-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    From Hawke's UK website...

The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product. Occasionally we may replace your product with an equivalent of equal or better physical condition. Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018. Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only. Please retain your purchase receipt or you can register your purchase here.

The way I read that is the newer stuff has a lifetime warranty and maybe it's the pre-2018 stuff that has a 10 year warranty (which I believe was an EU directive).
    The old one, in the only booklet I have, (2015 scope) has the bold title "Hawke Lifetime Warranty"

Subject to the limitations noted below. Hawke guarantees this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. (The warranty is legally limited to 10 years within Europe)
    If your Hawke product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will repair or, if repair is not possible, replace the product with an equivalent.

The fact that in bold Capital letters it says "LIFETIME WARRANTY" as a heading to me strongly implies that they are saying 'the law limits warranty to 10 years but we still give our the original owner a LIFETIME warranty.

If the limit is 10 years then the headline title should be "Hawke 10 year Warranty" and the word "Lifetime" should not be used to mislead the customer.

Anyway that's by the by,
    the fact that their idea of warranty service has become force the customer to buy a replacement from them or get nothing,
    is a monumental let down & about face from the excellent service that they gained their reputation from.
    Last edited by angrybear; 26-10-2021 at 10:51 AM.

The old one, in the only booklet I have, has the bold title "Hawke Lifetime Warranty"

Subject to the limitations noted below. Hawke guarantees this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. (The warranty is legally limited to 10 years within Europe)
    If your Hawke product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will repair or, if repair is not possible, replace the product with an equivalent.

The fact that in bold Capital letters it says "LIFETIME WARRANTY" as a heading to me strongly implies that they are saying 'the law limits warranty to 10 years but we still give our the original owner a LIFETIME warranty.

If the limit is 10 years then the headline title should be "Hawke 10 year Warranty" and the word "Lifetime" should not be used to mislead the customer.

Anyway that's by the by,
    the fact that their idea of warranty service has become force the customer to buy a replacement from them or get nothing,
    is a monumental let down & about face from the excellent service that they gained their reputation from.
    Maybe they didn't want to print separate booklets for the European market?

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The old one, in the only booklet I have, (2015 scope) has the bold title "Hawke Lifetime Warranty"

Anyway that's by the by,
    I agree, any warranty should be exactly what it says it is... If it's been limited by another statute, then it should ruddy well say what it's been limited to.... anything else is deception.

always good to get good service