Thread: Hawke Customer Service - Very Good

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hawke Customer Service - Very Good

Hawke
    I had a very positive experience -

Sent an old (cheap sport range) scope for service, as they could not do it (well uneconomical I'd think) offered a replacement scope at significantly discounted price.
    I was not original owner of the scope I sent in for repair / service , but do own several Hawke scopes (from new)

I thought this was really good service, more than fair.

I don't know if Hawke were Deben years back, but Deben were always great for customer service too.

I remember some dodgy early cheap Hawke scopes that changed poi if you touched anything, but for a long time now they have been really solid decent scopes punching generally above their price range.
    For the money I think the Vantage are terrific especially.

I'm looking forward to receiving my new discounted purchase.

Speedy straight forward communications too - cor a British Company too - hurray !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Hawke CS Kudos

Ditto on Hawke CS. I have had OUTSTANDING CS from Hawke on several occasions. Great bunch of folks that seem to care about customers.

Hawke service has always been excellent.
    spoke too soon

Looks like I'm about to test it again, the illuminated dot on my old Eclipse 30 3-9x42 has failed but there's a bright red glow from about 5 o-clock on the reticle edge .
    hope they can fix it as a super Jap glass scope.
    Last edited by angrybear; 25-10-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Boo hoo ,
    Sadly they can't fix it, and have offered 50% off a new scope of comparable spec,
    Problem is nothing in the current range matches the size/ret/mag.

To clarify; they expect me to pay the other half, £200+ to get the same quality, for something that doesn't suit what I need.
    Last edited by angrybear; 25-10-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Oh well it looks like they'll be returning a broken scope to me.

Very disappointing compared to two previous claims, both some years back, when the scopes were simply replaced without quibble, by return post.

A different Customer Services rep this week & it seems their published "Lifetime Warranty" isn't "Lifetime" at all it's 10 years & even then only applies if you still have the receipt.
    my scope is being returned as they are unable to repair it.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Oh well it looks like they'll be returning a broken scope to me.

Very disappointing compared to two previous claims, both some years back, when the scopes were simply replaced without quibble, by return post.
    that's an old dscope though ? I'd seriously doubt they have any spare, or any parts..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.