Thread: BSF B55 trigger adjustment

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

BSF B55 trigger adjustment

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to adjust the trigger pull weight on the B55 please.

Many thanks.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how to adjust the trigger pull weight on the B55 please.

Many thanks.

Pete
    The screw accessed via the trigger guard adjusts pull weight. “+ ABZUGS” = heavier. “- SHRAUBE” = lighter.

Problem is that with use, because of their cheap laminated sheet-metal construction, BSF triggers wear with use, becoming unsafe. At which point you need to wind in the direction of “+ ABZUGS” and function test to assure safe operation.

Always function test a newly-acquired one immediately in a safe way to see if it comes with a problem. Load, cock, safe direction/backstop, rubber mallet strikes on the butt, that kind of thing.

For the rest, stripping and cleaning off aged grease and re-lubing is never a bad idea. I’d also say very light polishing, but be really really careful for the reason above.

There may be another level above this of BSF trigger-fettling, but if there is I have yet to hear of it.

Just remembered that yours is a Venom Bavaria (you lucky, lucky, human being).

So, if they replaced the trigger guard and lost the markings, then if the gun is inverted and facing away from you, clockwise increases the pull (and safe operation), anti-clockwise the reverse.

I don’t know if Venom did much to the triggers on these. If they did, they may have improved the safety issue described. But, at the risk of being burned at the stake as a heretic, it’s not impossible that they may have made it more acute.

Basically, you should be able to get a decent 4-6lbs pull. Anything less than 4 becomes a goal not worth chasing and a thing to worry about.

Many thanks for that Carl, I don't suppose you know what rubber breach seals fit the 55?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I don’t I’m afraid, and as I think I commented on a separate thread, if Venom kept it leather, I’d keep it leather.

Though I think the 55 is a 26mm tube so should, if you really want, be adaptable to a Vortek/Aussie/whatever 26mm generic seal. Doubtless with some work needed.

Many thanks for that Carl, I don't suppose you know what rubber breach seals fit the 55?

Cheers

Pete
    Breech seal? I replace worn leather breech seals with one and a half (because the slot is at an angle) 'O' rings of suitable size as I don't like leather breech seals - they crush too easily. I have heard some use suitably sized silicone tubing.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cheers

Pete
    I made a leather seal for the S70 that I restored.
    I still have some bits kicking around so I'll have a gander tomorrow Pete
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I made a leather seal for the S70 that I restored.
    I still have some bits kicking around so I'll have a gander tomorrow Pete
    Many thanks for that Rob

Pete