Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay. I'm stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by pa_broon74 View Post
    Can confirm Livelines is a great wee shop. Proper old school air gun and associated equipment emporium. Lots of rifles on the wall, some pistols in the cabinet, a wide choice of pellets, scopes and other gadgetry.

Unfortunately, this meant I somewhat blew my budget. They had an NP02 which I thought might be a good intro. But, they showed me a Walther Reign and well, how could I not.

Very pleased, and I dare say I'll be back again in a couple of months.
    Great shop. Just celebrated 20 years of being open.

Stumpaduck

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Great shop. Just celebrated 20 years of being open.
    I was commenting to the owners, back in the day - when I was a scout - we had a summer camp. We'd always have a day out in the nearest decent-sized town, and we'd always seek out The Shop. It was the place that had the Black Widow catapults, or the GAT guns, and the knifes, plus other assorted offensive items. Back then (1980's), you could buy them too, even if you were 12.

There's a shop on Fort William High Street - or there was - that sells all sorts of swords, knifes, BB Guns, but no air guns... I don't of any that are left off the top of my head.

Oh well.

I need a silencer for this Walther though... It's got a bit of a bark about it...

I was commenting to the owners, back in the day - when I was a scout - we had a summer camp. We'd always have a day out in the nearest decent-sized town, and we'd always seek out The Shop. It was the place that had the Black Widow catapults, or the GAT guns, and the knifes, plus other assorted offensive items. Back then (1980's), you could buy them too, even if you were 12.

There's a shop on Fort William High Street - or there was - that sells all sorts of swords, knifes, BB Guns, but no air guns... I don't of any that are left off the top of my head.

Oh well.

I need a silencer for this Walther though... It's got a bit of a bark about it...
    That shop in Fort William ( Rod and Gun ) is long gone . Closed in 2013. . A great shop always had a look in when I was up that way. I had not been up for a number of years and when we were staying close by I went for a look. And it was gone. So was the shop that sold all the scottish goods near the police station.

My mates brother sold them lots different types of swords like the Highlander claymore and the Wallace Sword and others( John Barnett swords) . It was a great shop too.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    That shop in Fort William ( Rod and Gun ) is long gone . Closed in 2013. . A great shop always had a look in when I was up that way. I had not been up for a number of years and when we were staying close by I went for a look. And it was gone. So was the shop that sold all the scottish goods near the police station.

My mates brother sold them lots different types of swords like the Highlander claymore and the Wallace Sword and others( John Barnett swords) . It was a great shop too.
    Oh no.

There was a similar shop on Callander High Street too... Not sure if that's still there...

I think it might be gone too. One of the few shops in which you could buy an air rifle, or a whoppee cushion.

As you do.

Oh no.

There was a similar shop on Callander High Street too... Not sure if that's still there...

I think it might be gone too. One of the few shops in which you could buy an air rifle, or a whoppee cushion.

As you do.
    Not sure of the Callander one.

We often left livingston at 5 or 6 pm unless we a got the day off and headed to Fort william . We stopped at the Green Welly or Callander or both so most of the shops would be shut.

We often stayed at Paddys chalets at Onich if we were going with the W.L Gore walking club or the Red squirrel campsite at Glen Coe if it was just a few of us.

Then stop at either the Green Wellly or Callander or both on the way home . We only really stopped for the toilets or some food.

The Green Welly is pretty poor compared to what it was like in the 90s. More touristy now.

I must be spoilt, in a 50 mile radius I can think of 12 airgun sellers,
    although that includes Trago mills & 3 agricultural suppliers.