Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MPL Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Reevo17 View Post
    Hi Bob,

Please sign me up for 10m pistol and 10m rifle.

This will be my first time entering so could you please share the rules and be kind

Thank you

Matt
    Theirs a thing, were both entering different mpl comps so were not competing this time.

Hi Bob,
    I'll do the 10m pistol and could do the 10m rifle with my Anshutz 2002 SSP. While I'm ok with the pistol I've a long way to go on the rifle!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Hi Bob,

Please sign me up for 10m pistol and 10m rifle.

This will be my first time entering so could you please share the rules and be kind

Thank you

Matt
    Thanks Matt,

I will post the rules on here shortly, and they will include the "how to enter" info - which is a relatively simple (like myself) and painless process

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    Hi Bob,
    I'll do the 10m pistol and could do the 10m rifle with my Anshutz 2002 SSP. While I'm ok with the pistol I've a long way to go on the rifle!
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your support - it will be good to have you shoot with us.

Stay safe,

Bob.

Hi Bob,

according to the above my SSP IZH46M I can’t shoot 10m unsupported?
    What about match pistols such as FWB recoilless spring?

Is there a prize or winnings for the £5 entry?

Hi Bob,

according to the above my SSP IZH46M I can’t shoot 10m unsupported?
    What about match pistols such as FWB recoilless spring?

Is there a prize or winnings for the £5 entry?
    Hi Reevo17,

At this stage I have displayed the 2022 MPL seasons rule proposals for anyone that is genuinely interested to consider.

I would be more than happy to suggest that all of the 10 meter events should be run as "open" events - its what I suggested in the first place - and is now the case.

This would give you the chance to shoot your IZH46M at 10 meters. Most (if not all) 10 meter competitions are run as open events in any case.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-11-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I enjoyed the last one I did. Let me know when you decide and I’ll enter whatever class is appropriate for a peep-sighted HW30.

Thank you
    Hi Zephyr,

You could enter the 6 yard MPL and/or the 10 meter OPEN rifle competitions.

I have shot my HW30S at both distances and it is surprisingly good at both.

Stay safe,

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Hi Bob,

I'm back up & shooting again, so would like to shoot the 6yd rifle & possibly 10m
    Great stuff!

Good to have you back and shooting with us again

We already have some early entry's for this 2022 MPL Postal Competition, so I have started a list of competitors that can be seen in the thread below the 2022 MPL Jan-June Rules.

If you have entered, please check to make sure that I have added your name to this list - and that I have added it in the correct class!

If you have not entered..anytime now would be a good time to do so There is plenty of time between now and the 1st January when the competition officially starts to get some practice in!

I have also added the payment details to the rules for those that would like to pay their entry fees either by PayPal or by bank transfer.

The new email address for you to send your scores to each month has now also been added. Many thanks to Paul for taking over the scoring now that Russ is so sadly unable to do this for us any longer.

I would also like to thank Russ (PhatMan) for all the hours of his time that he has given so freely to us over the years by posting the MPL scores here on the BBS (and elsewhere too) and for helping to answer some of the many time consuming questions he has been asked and for the help and advice he has given to us all. Thank you Russ your help and support has been very much appreciated.

Thank you also to those that have already paid their entry fees so early - this is very much appreciated as the funds are given directly to the Rossendale Target Club that we are trying to keep open (and who will continue to pay for any costs incurred in running the MPL).

Those of us that work to promote this competition and record your scores do so on a voluntary unpaid basis and make no money whatsoever by donating our time and effort to running the MPL postal competitions for the benefit of the sport.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-10-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Just paid for 10m open pistol thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Just paid for 10m open pistol thanks
    Thanks Mike - its good to have you shooting with us!

Bob.

Bob,

It was my pleasure

Many thanks to Paul for taking on the mantle

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

The new email address for you to send your scores to each month has now also been added. Many thanks to Paul for taking over the scoring now that Russ is so sadly unable to do this for us any longer.

I would also like to thank Russ (PhatMan) for all the hours of his time that he has given so freely to us over the years by posting the MPL scores here on the BBS (and elsewhere too) and for helping to answer some of the many time consuming questions he has been asked and for the help and advice he has given to us all. Thank you Russ your help and support has been very much appreciated.
    I would like to echo what Bob has said, and I would also like to thank Russ for all his work with the administration of the scoring for the MPL.

I look forward to picking up the task and start posting the scores in January 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

It was my pleasure

Many thanks to Paul for taking on the mantle

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    On a personal level, Russ, many thanks for your help with posting the MPL scores and help with questions and personal correspondence.

Take care and wishing you all the very best
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Paul,

Many thanks

The entries are coming along nicely - especially considering that the comp does not start until Jan 1st next year!.

Both payment channels are now open - PayPal and Bank Transfer.

Thank you to those who have already paid your entry fees - and for those that are about to do so - please let me know when you make your payments so I can mark your entry as paid.

Many thanks for your interest and support - the new 10 metre events in particular (at this early stage) are looking like they will be well supported, and I am hoping to get some more 6 yard entries shorty too.

The more the merrier!

Bob.