Thread: Webley ranger air rifle

Webley ranger air rifle

Hi can anyone fill me in with details of this little break barrel gun.
    There is one in a local shop and its condition is as new. Going online I find it is a discontinued gun from way back. Any details please ie when it was made, are they still made?
    Thanks.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Hi can anyone fill me in with details of this little break barrel gun.
    There is one in a local shop and its condition is as new. Going online I find it is a discontinued gun from way back. Any details please ie when it was made, are they still made?
    Thanks.
    According to Thrales Bible, made 1961-1970. 'To find a mint, let alone boxed example, would be a real challenge'. He also estimated c. 2000 were made.
    It was priced roundabout the same as the Jaguar, but the latter came with accessories.

HTH

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Ranger

Thanks this one is minty but not boxed and it's £60
    Think I will get my coat!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Yes, I would (get my coat) for that price. Think it's a halfway house between the Junior/Jaguar range & the Falcon. It had a solid barrel & cocking arm. Later ones had the (in)famous Webley scope rails. Same fps as the Junior/Jaguar, according to Webley. Apparently examples have been seen with both 14" & 16" barrels.
    If you get bored with it, let me know

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Webley

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Yes, I would (get my coat) for that price. Think it's a halfway house between the Junior/Jaguar range & the Falcon. It had a solid barrel & cocking arm. Later ones had the (in)famous Webley scope rails. Same fps as the Junior/Jaguar, according to Webley. Apparently examples have been seen with both 14" & 16" barrels.
    If you get bored with it, let me know

ATB

Bru
    Just got back. No of course its not mint. But only a few minor marks bluing is actually mint. Cocks as smooth as butter. Stock is a lovely bit of floorboarding No scope rails so an early one. Now for a bit of quiet plinking.
    Thanks for the info.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Its more or less a "proper" barrel version of the Jaguar. The Diana 22 and 23 having the same relationship. Reckoned to have been made for Webley by Milbro/ Diana.
    The thing to watch out for on all these rifles is wear on the piston where the cocking arm pushes. Also if they have been mistreated and the piston washer has started to go, the end of the piston can smash into the end of the cylinder and damage the little threaded rod on the end of the piston.

Im surprised they are so rare as I have 2 and got one for my youngest Niece years ago. That one was boxed and still had the original price on £6 19 6 I think.
    Adverts of the time show that the pistols were more expensive I think.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Found a Jaguar at a collectors fair, paid £25 for it, still my only Webley rifle.......