Thread: Morini different height foresight

Morini different height foresight

Hi,

Does anyone know where to obtain different height foresight blades for the Morini 162, 200, etc.

Nobody seems to advertise them.

Regards,

Matt

Not aware there is one made.
    Could you shim the existing one?

Knowing nothing about the Morini but isn't all (most) of the foresight picture adjusted through the rear sight and pistol grip? Providing it's fully adjustable which I'm pretty sure it will be. Or have I been spoilt with the Steyr Evo 10e??
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

The foresight is avdilable in taller versions, I want to try using a closer to centre aiming point, unfortunately morini tends to have limited vertical adjustment to allow this.

I have thought about swimming it but would prefer the higher sight if its available.

I've emailed morini so will await an answer.

Matt

By all accounts the standard height is 7mm, they also do a 8.5 mm and a 10mm foresight.

regards,

Matt

That is interesting Matt.

Different height foresight blades from Morini - could be helpful .
    Last edited by zooma; 29-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    IQBAL UBHI
    152 WESTLEY ROAD ACOCKS GREEN - BIRMINGHAM B27 7UR - England
    +44 121 706 2006
    ubhitargetsandguns@gmail.com

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The foresight is avdilable in taller versions, I want to try using a closer to centre aiming point, unfortunately morini tends to have limited vertical adjustment to allow this.

I have thought about swimming it but would prefer the higher sight if its available.

I've emailed morini so will await an answer.

Matt
    A higher (taller) front sight will shoot lower, meaning that even more adjustment on the rear is required if you want to centre aim..... Filing down the foresight on the other hand will raise the point of impact.

The Morini 200ei and the Morini 162ei have interchangeable foresight blades.
    Last edited by zooma; 29-11-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Do the maths - and you will be surprised how little taller you need the front sight to centre aim and keep the range of adjustment you need on the rear sight. You are correct you cannot centre aim by just moving the rear sight as you run out of movement. If you go down the road of making a spacer for the front sight you will also need a longer mounting screw - is your friend here.