Thread: Steyr LP10 trigger part

Steyr LP10 trigger part

Im looking for the little bar (75,5) that the trigger shoe attaches to, anybody have one or know where to get one ?

Have you tried Steyr UK : http://steyr-uk.co.uk/ or possibly messaged Steyr Austria for advice : https://www.steyr-sport.com/index.php/en/, and it's possible that an aftermarket one might do the job or possibly even one off another manufacturers item altogether. If you are stuck possibly Intershoot or Edinkillie could advise you.

HTH, Vic Thompson.

Thanks, I sent Steyr an email earlier today, to be honest its never been great, from new it always slipped out of adjustment, an upgrade / aftermarket part might be the way to go.
    Im not sure if its a known issue of this was just a dud, seems like a bad design, the set screw wants to push the clamp away from the rail.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Steyr trigger

Harry Preston, Steyr UK, or change to a direct on LP2 trigger solves the issue, but Harry's your man.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I didn't fancy the LP2 trigger, pity its a cheap and easy fix but lacks the adjustment i like, i will try Harry Preston.

Had a reply from Steyr, they said they know there is a problem with this part which is why they changed the design and they recommend i buy a new trigger.

Awesome customer support .......

PM sent

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    Thanks, I sent Steyr an email earlier today, to be honest its never been great, from new it always slipped out of adjustment, an upgrade / aftermarket part might be the way to go.
    I'm not sure if its a known issue of this was just a dud, seems like a bad design, the set screw wants to push the clamp away from the rail.
    How old is it?

My LP50e has the same trigger, but mine is fine, its clamp is a U with a screw from one side into the other and it pinches up fine?

The problem I had was the trigger reach was either long or very long, so I didn't use it, and made my own back ward direct fitting with a blade shoe to shorten the reach.

Best of luck
    Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Its probably 10, the trigger always worked loose from it was new but i just nipped it up every so often.
    You could never really tighten it properly, just enough to hold and no more but it would always loosen too easily.
    It was a tight fit at one end and loose at the other so as soon as you tightened the screw it wanted to pivot away from the bar, it was just machined badly, if it had been a better fit it would work but still not as well as if it was clamped onto the bar like the new version and the aftermarket triggers.
    A bit shoddy really, especially on a gun like this, it always seemed a bit out of keeping with the rest of the gun, even the newer versions are a bit "cheap" looking.

So Helen from Steyr-UK was great and offered a few solutions

The LP2 standard blade, the Vario pistol blade or the rifle trigger blade

They didn't offer as much adjustment as i wanted and i always felt the original was holding the gun back a little, these don't really offer anything more.

So thanks to a bbs member i ended up with a TEC-HRO Touch "soft", its a much nicer thing in terms of construction and finish but more importantly its got a stack of adjustment.

Very nice photos and trigger