Thread: BSA meteor mk6 - I kinda like it

BSA meteor mk6 - I kinda like it

A second mk6 followed me home yesterday.... like I dont have enough airguns
    This one has the earlier stock that resembles the "proper" Meteor more than the later Mk6 stocks which I find awful.
    Even though the mk6 really isn't a real BSA, it still has the BSA barrel and I kinda like the one with the early stocks.

Has anyone ever explored its accuracy and power potential, stroke, piston weights etc?
    Too many airguns!

I've not had this exact model, but if the internals are anything like the Gamo Vipermax I had, I can see why you like it. That was a long stroke (100mm?) lazy action with very easy cocking. Once de-twanged with a Welsh Willy guide and top hat, remarkable fitting manners. Far better internal finish than I would have envisaged prior to stripping. Piston weight was very low - circa 115/120 grams, I seem to remember.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've not had this exact model, but if the internals are anything like the Gamo Vipermax I had, I can see why you like it. That was a long stroke (100mm?) lazy action with very easy cocking. Once de-twanged with a Welsh Willy guide and top hat, remarkable fitting manners. Far better internal finish than I would have envisaged prior to stripping. Piston weight was very low - circa 115/120 grams, I seem to remember.
    I think the stroke is shorter than the ordinary Gamos, perhaps around 60-70mm.
    The gamos have light pistons, and are ususally delivered with piston weights over here.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think the stroke is shorter than the ordinary Gamos, perhaps around 60-70mm.
    The gamos have light pistons, and are ususally delivered with piston weights over here.
    Too many airguns!

Mounted a 4x32 scope and shot some decent groups yesterday
    The other mk6 I have has a Maccari seal and spring that I fit some time ago.
    A piston weight and some more experimentation lies somewhere in the future, between all the other projects I never get around to finish....
    Too many airguns!