Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...

Help please

I have several air guns that I am selling on behalf of relatives.

I need approximate values please.

I just can’t put pictures up. I don’t have any problems in the sales section, but here it’s a no go.

I’ve tried using imgur and others, but that doesn’t work either!

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CannonFodder; 30-10-2021 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Should have put this in OP: I need approximate values please

I use imgbb. Com on my mobile. Seriously easy.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Check the file size the bbs has limits if they are to big they won't upload

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Email me the pictures and a link to the thread you start for them, I'll then reply on the thread with the pictures inserted for you
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

If you have no problem putting pictures in the sales section that's all you need to do, why do you want to put duplicate photos into any other part of the forum?

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Please, a bit off topic, excuse me. Anyone know why I can't view any imgur pictures on this great website? When I click on imgur link within a thread, it takes me to the imgur website page with various bits of imgur info, I sell myself to the cookies, etc, but, the image is just a black screen. Maybe because I am running a 20 year old reliable Dell Dimension on Windows XP? Also, of late I am getting error; "Clock is ahead", no matter what I try suggested on the web to fix it. The PC clock is spot on.

Best regards to all....

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!

Just uploaded this with imgur no problem.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Please, a bit off topic, excuse me. Anyone know why I can't view any imgur pictures on this great website? When I click on imgur link within a thread, it takes me to the imgur website page with various bits of imgur info, I sell myself to the cookies, etc, but, the image is just a black screen. Maybe because I am running a 20 year old reliable Dell Dimension on Windows XP? Also, of late I am getting error; "Clock is ahead", no matter what I try suggested on the web to fix it. The PC clock is spot on.

Best regards to all....
    It's your internet browser, IE by any chance ? imgur doesn't support the older browsers.
    I had to change from IE to MS Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    If you have no problem putting pictures in the sales section that's all you need to do, why do you want to put duplicate photos into any other part of the forum?

Atb
    Chris
    I’m not putting them in the sales section, I want to put them here to ask potential values.

In that case :-

https://postimages.org/

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

IMGUR image test

IMGUR test pic, SportsMatch T04C medium rings on HW95 .

Below is what the Imgur picture posting looks like, selecting the 4th icon, in 4th section in the middle line. Hope this helps.

POSTIMAGE pic test.

Both IMGUR & POSTIMAGE work for me and I am using WIN 10 and EDGE with all of the latest updates.
    Last edited by Travis299; 30-10-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post

Best regards to all....
    Have you set up an account with imgur ,I had to set up an account to see the pictures, Not only that website either,

Thank you angrybear, Travis299, madcarlos and others for taking time to reply. I am using Google Chrome to access the internet. Maybe it is a case of setting up a account for imugr.

Curious regarding the clock ahead error lark, seems fairly common on older machines when using Google Chrome, I appreciate that there have been no updates for Windows XP /Google Chrome for several years, but this has only been happening on my machine for the last couple of months. Software updates happen all the time and being as no notifications would be received to this machine as Windows XP is obsolete. I presume the date, clock and time zone have something to do with security protocol? Ah, I should have said not all websites show the clock error when searching with Google Chrome.

The error is not evident with Firefox, so I tend to use that, but, prefer the Google Chrome layout.

This old Dell has been faultless since new, I know it makes sense to change to a shiny new model, but, hell I could buy 2 tidy second hand BSA Superstars for that, or a 100 Webley Hawks......Or even one tin of green 0.25 Rhinos.

Thank you all again, have fun and keep safe.
    Last edited by SRV1; 30-10-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    In that case :-

https://postimages.org/

Atb
    Chris

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It's your internet browser, IE by any chance ? imgur doesn't support the older browsers.
    I had to change from IE to MS Edge.
    I'm using Google Chrome.