Thread: Slavia 618 stripped

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Slavia 618 stripped

Decided to strip it this morning. The barrel pivot screw was a bugger and required a bit more grinding of the forked screwdriver I did for this sort of stuff. Took the action out of the stock,flipped off trigger spring (quite long and thin) and cylinder end cap. Tapped out trigger pivot and noticed the trigger is rivetted. There is a sleeve with a tang on it like the Diana 22 etc and I just flipped it with a screwdriver as it wasnt under too much tension.( I noticed on the Baikal Ij38 that there is not a lot of tension on the mainspring which makes it easier to work on the guns.)The guide and the mainspring came out and seemed very dry. Eased piston out. Piston washer rivetted on and seemed in pretty good nick although rivet is proud of washer. I expect they thought the piston banging into the end of the cylinder would keep spreading the rivet and keep the washer tight? Cleaned and lubed with gn paste,sm50 and lt2. Had to use a small socket to get the sleeve back in and turned with a small screwdriver. End cap and trigger spring went in first time. Fitted stock and plinked. Adjusted sight a touch and it seems pretty accurate. There is no adjustment for elevation. I think R1danny will read this.
    Last edited by ggggr; 10-05-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: mistake

Indeed!

How could you tell I would read this? Is it that obvious
    CZ 200T/200 S Hunter/200 S Green/Slavia ZVP/612/614/615/618/620/622/624/625/627/630/631/634/ZVS Perun 734/CZ236-1/Tex3/86/Brno ZII/ZV3/ZV4/VZ47/APP661/Relum/Mars 618/Stella 518/Predom 188/170/Yunker 1/2/Lov21/Baikal IJ22/IJ38/Vostok/IZH61/IZH53M/MP512M/MP654K/MP661K

I stripped mine (a total beater I picked up cheap) a while back:
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...18-part-1.html

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...18-part-2.html

Just wonderful little rifles, aren't they?
    Nick

From beautiful ruralburbian Philomath
    anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Slavia 618

Interesting--I just checked the link. Mine does not have a locking screw on the left hand side,just the barrel pivot screw and a locknut like the diana 22 on the other side. Mine has a leather washer rivetted onto the piston. If this ever wears Id tapp the piston and use a countersunk screw to fit another leather washer.

Thanks!

Brilliant! I've got three in line to rebuild, and this will help a lot.