Thread: New Daystate 13 shot mags

New Daystate 13 shot mags

I have a Daystate wolverine r and when I bought it it came with the older 10 shot mag .Can anyone tell me are the new magazine’s worth buying to replace the older ones . I’ve seen a review saying they were a lot smoother to use than the older ones . I just wondered what your thoughts were ? Cheers

Both .177 and .22 new mags are easier to load and have a slightly larger shot count. The "older" magazines will not work on the newer rifles that don't have an indexing pin in the breach, but the newer magazines are backward compatible as they are self indexing. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that ,but what I really wanted to know are they smoother when cocking the rifle ?

I went from the 10 shot original mags to the new 13 round mags as soon as they where available,I use them in my Wolverine R,I wouldn’t say they where any smoother (I never experienced any problems with the 10 shot mags)but they are easier to load and the extra capacity is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by nrj. View Post
    I went from the 10 shot original mags to the new 13 round mags as soon as they where available,I use them in my Wolverine R,I wouldn’t say they where any smoother (I never experienced any problems with the 10 shot mags)but they are easier to load and the extra capacity is a bonus.
    Thanks that’s what I wanted to know. I think I’ll stick with the 10 shot mags I have. To be honest I would have to fit extra high mounts as well because the 13 shot mags are about 3mm taller and will catch my scope. It’s not worth the money and hassle for a extra 3 shots . Thanks for the reply’s !

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I bought one of the new mags when they first came out and used it in a Red Wolf, it was crap and I sent it back What is the point in getting a newer mag that was worse than the old one and had several bad fliers?? In all fairness, I bought a whole new gun also and the new mag that came with it was fine - go figure

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired