Thread: Diana 25 query

Diana 25 query

Bought a 1956 .177 from a gent on here a few years back. Lovely little gun. Had a couple initial issues with the breech lock up going solid & the sights (think the latter had a bump at some stage).

Anyway. took it out of the cupboard today for the first plink for a few years. Noticed the end cap (ECP019 End cap. Diana) seems to spin freely/not grip onto the thread.

Haven't taken it out of the stock yet to check - but wondered if I just used some PTFE plumbers tape/thread sealant it would stop the spinning/keep crap out.

Any Thorts?

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Rotating end cap

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Bought a 1956 .177 from a gent on here a few years back. Lovely little gun. Had a couple initial issues with the breech lock up going solid & the sights (think the latter had a bump at some stage).

Anyway. took it out of the cupboard today for the first plink for a few years. Noticed the end cap (ECP019 End cap. Diana) seems to spin freely/not grip onto the thread.

Haven't taken it out of the stock yet to check - but wondered if I just used some PTFE plumbers tape/thread sealant it would stop the spinning/keep crap out.

Any Thorts?

ATB

Bru
    There's no thread on the end cap - it just pushes on. Threadlock or a tiny spot of Nail Varnish should do the trick, but degrease first.
    I have just acquired a Model 25, but mine's a Basket Case. The end cap is missing, as it the front sight.
    I've managed to find a non-standard Blade-type one which fits the dovetail, but I think it's too tall. If you could let me know how high yours is it would be a big help and save me a load of filing and (probably!) bad language!

If you are a Laverdista, I have a 3c which I bought from Slaters in 1977. It was their Demonstrator on the Isle of Man for the TT.
    Could tell you many tales of adventures on that bike, including a Land's End to John o' Groats run.
    Happy Days!
    Dave S
    So much to do - so little time........

Hi, Dave

Ta for the info re endcap - will degrease & put a spot of Loctite on it.

The front sight on mine is about 7mm high.
    I do wonder about the originality of some of my 25. Definitely has 5 6 stamped on the butt. Serial no is 2(?)51590(?) On the other hand, it has a scope plate, not sure when they were introduced. Not that I'm worried, bought it to rekindle memories of my mid '50's 27, & it's a fun little plinker.

Slaters ex demo 3C? Nice. Bought my '82 Mirage 180 from Bob Milsom, now sadly passed, who used to work for Slaters in the late '70's. When the nearby to me Bromyard shop was still open, often rode over for a chat with Richard S or to get it looked at by Frank.

Sad to say my Mirage hasn't moved a wheel for more than a decade.

Feel free to PM me for a chat/any further info on Laverdas or my 25.

PS Noticed your username - my late uncle was involved in the X-craft recon of Normandy, Operation Postage Able, for COPP.

ATB

Bru
    Last edited by laverdabru; 20-10-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Diana 25

found this on a web sight
    Diana Model-25 - Second and Third pattern (1935 and 1936).

Interesting to see them together because the earlier gun (dated Feb 1935) has a concealed cylinder end plug and the later one (Sept 1936) has the screw on cap

Whoops!

Just re checked, it's 8mm. Sent you a pic.

ATB

Bru

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Just re checked, it's 8mm. Sent you a pic.

ATB

Bru
    No prob, had guests staying all weekend & not had time to get near the Workshop.
    Will catch up next week.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by stonyat421 View Post
    found this on a web sight
    Diana Model-25 - Second and Third pattern (1935 and 1936).

Interesting to see them together because the earlier gun (dated Feb 1935) has a concealed cylinder end plug and the later one (Sept 1936) has the screw on cap
    Thanks for the info stonyat421.
    Not been able to establish how old mine is (can't find any numbers on the metalwork, but I believe there may be something stamped on the stock).
    I'll have another look next week.
    Dave S.