Thread: 25 yard LWSR target

25 yard LWSR target

Can anyone show me an image of a target used for 25 yard lwsr please?

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/collectio...a-pl14-targets
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Can anyone show me an image of a target used for 25 yard lwsr please?
    The targets to be used will be specified in the conditions for the league or competition. NSRA LWSR competitions are usually shot at 20yds or 25m, 25yds is unusual. See page 15 of the winter competitions booklet for an example.

The targets specified are the PL14, PL14/06, PL19

Rutty

FYI

In the Kent County LWSR leagues, we use the PL19 targets at 25m as per the NSRA rules.
    Last edited by Paul SE; 20-10-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

In the early days of LWSR, some leagues used the 10m Air Pistol target at 20 yds. This practice seems to have ceased and I am not aware of any competitions that currently specify it.

Rutty

Thank you for your answers got it sorted now .

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/collectio...a-pl14-targets

The targets to be used will be specified in the conditions for the league or competition. NSRA LWSR competitions are usually shot at 20yds or 25m, 25yds is unusual. See page 15 of the winter competitions booklet for an example.

The targets specified are the PL14, PL14/06, PL19

Rutty
    Morning All,

Please would anybody be able to advise whether the overall target dimensions of the PL19 are the same as the PL12 (265mm x 305mm) ? I cannot find reference to the overall size on the NSRA site. Would be grateful for confirmation (or otherwise).
    Thanks.
    Last edited by severnsider; 10-11-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Morning All,

Please would anybody be able to advise whether the overall target dimensions of the PL19 are the same as the PL12 (265mm x 305mm) ? I cannot find reference to the overall size on the NSRA site. Would be grateful for confirmation (or otherwise).
    Thanks.
    That's an interesting question as the PL19, although listed in the shop catalogue, isn't described in Appendix A to the NSRA Rules. I think the only way you'll get answer is from someone who has both targets to compare or contact the NSRA Shop and ask them.

Rutty
    Last edited by Rutty; 10-11-2021 at 01:54 PM.

That's an interesting question as the PL19, although listed in the shop catalogue, isn't described in Appendix A to the NSRA Rules. I think the only way you'll get answer is from someone who has both targets to compare of contact the NSRA Shop and ask them.

Rutty
    Thanks, Rutty - I'm glad it wasn't me just being dim.

We use PL14 or PL14/6

In the early days of LWSR, some leagues used the 10m Air Pistol target at 20 yds. This practice seems to have ceased and I am not aware of any competitions that currently specify it.

Rutty
    The Phoenix postal leagues still offer this alternative for GRSB Precision , either four Air 4 cards at 20 yards or two PL14's at 25 yards.