Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
Hi guys. Webley often used special threads, and I think this may be the answer. 5/32" Whit is listed at 0.1563"; Webley used a 0.150" X 36tpi for several pivot screws. The same thread is used on pivot screws in the Senior and Premier pistols; so if you can get one of these, you can verify the thread I have them if needed. Sadly I don't have any service spares to offer and the few drawings I have aren't for these screws. It may be that the locking screw is actually the same as the pistols, those I have as spares, but without someone offering to check one of theirs it's not easy to sort.
Hope this helps
abellringer [Ray]
Hi Ray
Apologies for the delay in replying.
Could you please clarify which Pivot Screws you have in mind on the Senior/ Premier which you suggested might be the same size?
I dug out my old Senior to check, but the only screw which I would call a "Pivot Screw" is the Barrel Pivot Screw just below the muzzel. On mine, this is a hollow screw, with a slot head at one end and internally threaded, the other end (which stops it falling out) is a slot-head screw.
However the thread on this is much smaller than the one I need for the Service.
(Sorry if I'm being dense!)
Thanks again.
Dave S