Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate

Accurate

Which bottle gun in the members opinion is the most accurate, getting on a bit now so think it will be my last rifle. Thanks will appreciate your opinions.

Rapid Mk2...if you can find a nice fairly std one still.
    If not..AGT Uragan with its CZ barrel
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 28-01-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I'm not sure that anything would be 'more accurate' than a well set up BSA R10 - all the 'quality' pcp's put pellet on pellet if regs correct, barrel clean, pellet matched .......

I'm sure it would be easy to spend double or more - I think pride of ownership is A OK, but it's not neccesarily to do with 'more accurate' - plenty of 'very expensive' FX, Daystate etc etc available
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

How long is a piece of string ?

With the correct pellet my Rapid shoots groups as tight as anything I've ever seen.
    With the wrong pellet it struggles to hit a sheet of A4 paper at 30yds.
    otoh
    My Scorpion SE might not get quite as tight for the ultimate group (by a few mm) but it shoots a wide variety of pellets into inch or better groups.

so which do you define as "most accurate" overall ?

Daystate air wolf. So now it would be the red wolf
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise

Bsa r10
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

RTI Prophet compact
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Fx royale 400
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

All or most should be very accurate , More so matched with compatible pellets, I have 4 bottle PCP rifles but if asked to take part in a shooting match I would grab my daystate air ranger, But the others will still shoot the same, The shooter will be the downfall rather than the gun, Most of the times anyway.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    BSA R10

But....

Kral Pro500 is unregulated and is every bit as accurate. Same goes for the Kral Hi Cap.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Following a few of the others here - I have a R10 & it shoots straighter than I do!
    I also regularly use a Weihrauch 100BPK - I like it almost as much but the BSA is pretty
    At the club where I shoot R10s & WH100s are the most popular.

People can but tell you what is working for them. Most modern PCP's are exceedingly accurate. Every rifle has a bit of luck built in, and the top priced ones you hope have a bit less chance of being unlucky.
    As said some rifles are less fussy than others. Part is design by luck or design, but some are so finely tuned to a pellet that they show anything that isn't right. A more forgiving rifle has a lot going for it, but chasing perfection might require something with little leeway.
    For 12ft/lbs energy rifles then beyond 15m the conditions of the day will show on target. The lightest of breeze and shooter input is required.
    And of course there is fit to the shooter as we are all shaped differently.
    Don't forget the scope and its set up too.

So loads to Most accurate.

Often interesting to see what the top competition shooters are using. Some of it is fashion of the day. Those at the top add their own twiddling and fine tuning; their voodoo. Which is why they are at the top.

I say buy the rifle that fits you and you fancy. Match it to the scope that compliments the potential accuracy you are looking for and how you are going to get there.
    I tend to keep rifles that are accurate enough and that I tend to hit the things I'm trying for. Year after year. Can take an age to find one.
    Being familiar with a rifle and its ballistics is half the battle. A good trigger always a help.

Quote Originally Posted by david j View Post
    Which bottle gun in the members opinion is the most accurate, getting on a bit now so think it will be my last rifle. Thanks will appreciate your opinions.
    Anything AGT currently you cant go wrong, also they will make good keepers as they are very well made and easy to work on. There are others such as daystate redwulfs, and pulsars which are also excellent accuracy wise!
    mk2 rapid.22

Accuracy

Bump please.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    why not make a shortlist of what you are considering, and then solicit opinion on accuracy/reliability etc from existing owners ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.